X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queen Helene Royal Curl

I was at Whole Foods today to pick up groceries and of course wandered into the haircare section! While browsing the usual products, I saw a new line from Queen Helene called Royal Curl. They have a Shampoo, Conditioner, Curl shaping Creme, and a hair oil all priced at 7.99. The product that piqued my interest was the curl creme. Since it's getting warmer, I really want to try more wash-n-go's and at 7.99 for 15oz you can't beat it. I haven't tried it yet, because I'm really feeling my hairstyle right now (a side-hawk with a bang), but when I try it I'll be sure to give my opinion and pics. The consistency is similar to kccc but less sticky, the smell is pleasant too.

Did you try it? Queen Helene makes great products.
    Wen...nothing else!

Comment

Went to whole foods today and the cream was sold out. They had all the other prod. I tried the tester of the oil and it smelled divine. Gonna try another WF later this week. I'm. Curious to hear reviews

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

yea I tried it, but didnt like it. It didnt spread that well to me, and didn't give me as much curl clumping as other products do. I didnt even take pics I hated it so bad! I will try it again though, and if I still don't like it I'll swap it at the next hair meetup in my area. have any of ya'll tried it? if so what do you think?

Comment

Yeah, I got the curl "creme" because I liked the consistency, but I hate the product.
          The smell is alright. it's hard to work with..but it does define my curls a little bit.
          Also, it gives me major shrinkage and frizz, so I've stopped using it.

~Sent from my iPod touch using CurlyNikki app 

Comment

What are the ingredients like?
            Coffee Stirrer Curls (4a/b), fine texture, low porosity, very thick density
            Last Relaxer June 2009 ~ BC December 2009 ~ HHG To be continued

Adventures of JnB and xal: Current CSJ
            First CSJ Feed
            Most Recent CSJ Old Forum

Youtube Channel
            Tumblr
            Twitter

"I put no chemicals. Only juices and berries" ~ Coming to America

Comment

what this stuff works great on my hair !I am usually in lurk mode i just had to chime in on this one...... they are always out at my whole foods when they do get it..it sells out really fast..I just bought one jar today which was the only jar they had left my plan was to get atleast 2....I love the consistency of it i love jelly like products...i loved putting it on right after washing then twisting my hair in about 10 sections then wearing a afro puff twistout or a messy bun....I ADORE THIS STUFF!!

Comment

Ingredients
                Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Pectin, Agave Rigida (Sisal) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Royal Jelly Extract, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Fragrance (Parfum)

Comment

Glad u like it! Just further proves that what works for some doesn't work for others. wish it had of worked for me too

Sent from my SPH-D700 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Just bumping this up! I wanna try this stuff SOOOOO bad! LoL!

Jen

 Sent from my JPhone using da CurlyNikki app 

http://aplayahsjourney.blogspot.com

Locked: 8/27/05
                    Freed: 5/21/11
                    Showing the world that hair doesn't have to be silky to be beautiful since 2005.

http://AfroCurls.wordpress.com
                    http://YouTube.com/BlackAngelPlayah

Comment

After reading about this stuff on babybighair.com I think I'm going to try this stuff on my daughters hair to see how it comes out. You can't beat the price. I'm hearing a lot of mixed views but we will see.
                      Blessings

Comment

I tried it on my daughters hair & it was awful. I only put it on the back, & her hair tangled & dried to a crisp quickly. Will not re-use.

Sent from my iPhone
                        iPhone CurlyNikki

Comment

I received a free full sized sample and I like it. My hair is not crunchy..used kckt as a leave in. I am working on 2nd day hair today and it looks good. I put pics up on the royal curl sample thread.

Comment

Originally posted by thenaturalmo View Post
                            I received a free full sized sample and I like it. My hair is not crunchy..used kckt as a leave in. I am working on 2nd day hair today and it looks good. I put pics up on the royal curl sample thread.

I used a leave-in too & wish it had worked like that on her. That's a nice-sized, FREE tub! lol
                            iPhone CurlyNikki

Comment

Working on 3 day hair with this product. I love it!! For those of you who don't send me your free sample :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X