X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My hair is not growing anymore...

I had this same problem when my hair was relaxed. It seems to come to a complete stop...it now seems so brittle and dry and shedding A LOT. * after the birth of my son 9 months ago my hair has not been the same*

Sent from my SCH-I405 using CurlyNikki App
    *Last Relaxer: April 20, 2010
    *Big Chop: September 4, 2010
    *very thirsty & dense

Well it is growing, because hair grows from the root. Maybe what you are experiencing is breakage.
    BC 2/10/12

Comment

hair doesn't not grow, that is its only job. You just have to stop the breakage and you will start to see more length.

Example. Even though your hair wasn't getting longer when you had a relaxer, I bet you still had to touch up the roots...
      -Bri Etsy.com/shop/geekycurly www.GeekyCurly.com

Comment

Originally posted by beYOUtiful View Post
        hair doesn't not grow, that is its only job. You just have to stop the breakage and you will start to see more length.

Example. Even though your hair wasn't getting longer when you had a relaxer, I bet you still had to touch up the roots...
        This is true. Ugh! I need to be more diligent with my conditioning and more protective styles

*very thirsty & dense

Comment

My hair has been shedding like crazy since the birth of my 6 month old daughter. My edges disappeared!! (Side note: I suspect some hormonal, genetic component because DD has a full head of hair with thin edges in the same spots) I decided to braid it to let it rest and keep my hands out of it. Protective styling like that has allowed me to experience growth that I didnt think was possible.

Sent from my DROID2 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Mine were gone too. After about 6 months had passed it started growing back but now my hair seems unhealthy

Sent from my samsung stratosphere using CurlyNikki App
            *very thirsty & dense

Comment

Your body...living organisum. Changes. You had a baby...ok...so. what's different now? What's changed? Hormones, metaboism, body is recovering...from what. It considers to be a shock. Rebalance with vitamins...go back on you prenatal vites, and biotin for your metabolism, talk to your doc...he may temporarily put you on hormones. In the meantime....add peppermint to your diet, and to your hair in small amounts (8oz oil to 10 drops peppermint oil), if you are NOT nursing...also add sage and rosemary to your diet. Both sage and rosemary can dry up your milk. Add 10 drops of the oil to hair products.

Next check your ends...cut it 1/2 inch up from where it breaks. Split ends can run up hair like a run in stockings. Have a pro check if neccesary. Daughter had 3 inches cut from her hair when it didn't progress...here we are 3 months later....that 3 inces is half way back...you can tell that its grown. (You may also have to do this when hair reaches terminal length...genetically determined length...to trick the hair into growing past it)

Make sure hair is moisturized, protein and. Moisture balance are gonna be important and tuck in your ends. Find a good protective style that will keep hands, cmbs, heated appliances, etc out of it....for at least 2 months at a time. After that...next step...check your tools...make sure your comb isn't snagging, brush isn't puulling, replace rubber bands with those clear plastic ones, or snag free nylon, any thing that touches your hair....no pulling sensation. This includes barettes, clips, headbands, etc. No poking or scratching...bobby pins, hair sticks, fingernails. Etc.

Pretend you are working with your baby's hair...see how gentle those products are...soft brush, limited chemical composition...or all natural products....this is what you want for your hair. Once it starts growing back...you can let it be free every so often, but you will notice...even when gals get long hair....they keep it up a lot. Protected hair is healthy hair.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SGH-T839 using CurlyNikki App
              peepla
              http://purplebutterfly-peepla.blogspot.com
              ~ http://AptitudesUnlimited.artfire.com ~
              :: http://peepla.etsy.com ::

Comment

Peepla you couldn't have said it better. That was great advice!!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Thanks. I've been there...done that. Specifically 5 pregnancies, 3 babies (2 miscarrys), 3 bouts of cancer, radiation, my own ignorance....and the one constant is the havoc it all wrecked on my hair. When I learned what to do...its in the brain now...so I share.

Originally posted by Chocolatechic08 View Post
                  Peepla you couldn't have said it better. That was great advice!!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using CurlyNikki App

Sent from my SGH-T839 using CurlyNikki App
                  peepla
                  http://purplebutterfly-peepla.blogspot.com
                  ~ http://AptitudesUnlimited.artfire.com ~
                  :: http://peepla.etsy.com ::

Comment

Originally posted by pyces82queen View Post
                    I had this same problem when my hair was relaxed. It seems to come to a complete stop...it now seems so brittle and dry and shedding A LOT. * after the birth of my son 9 months ago my hair has not been the same*

What i have also realised from my own experience is that CO washing instead of shampooing alot as well as developing a good hair regime really helps!!! I used to have very dry brittle hair now that i am returning to natural hair and have done my research I watch what i eat and drink as much water as i can... (still not at my goal) and CO wash almost daily... HTH
                    CO Wash: Suave Naturals, tressseme naturals
                    [B]Leave in conditioner:giovanni / shea moisture hibiscus and coconut hair milk,
                    [B]Deep Conditioner: Palmer's protein pak mixed with EVOO, and banana baby food
                    Sealant: EVCO, Shea butter
                    Spray bottles: 1. distilled water, 2. distilled water, veg glycerine, vitaminE, EVOO
                    Styling Gel: ECO styler, LA curl activator gel

Comment

@peepla....that helped me lol....
                      NATURAL SINCE11/30/2011

Comment

Working...
                      X