X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CandiRandi View Post
    This article seems sketchy and unfounded and the fact that the writer "heard" things like Vitamin E isn't a preservative seems to point to the fact that he/she is making assumptions and doesn't seem to have any real bases or research. When asked on their Facebook page they mentioned that sugar beets (decyl glucoside) which is plant derived causes the natural lathering found in their shampoos. I do not think companies are able to just put ANYTHING on their labels. They were mentioned in an issue earlier this year because they weren't following specific guidelines and it didn't seem malicious and they answered many questions openly on FB about it, Giovanni was also listed I believe.
    Thank you! Also the yucca soap in the yucca baobab shampoo lathers well. The Native Americans used yucca to shampoo their hair. I just don't know why someone would print a hypothesis without evidence to back it up. See my previous post. Neem oil & tea tree oils are both antifungal.

Sent from my PG06100 using CurlyNikki App
    http://ravencurlyblogspot.com For curlies who LOVE to take care of their hair and have fun while doing it!

Comment

There is a LOT of bad information out here; not just online but books as well. This is another reason why it is imperative to do our own research.
      Wen...nothing else!

Comment

Idk what's in their shampoo but whatever it is work well for me.I didn't use shampoo for almost 2 years, when I tried it and it's definitely a staple. When I need a stronger but gentle cleanse than my black soap .

Comment

I'm not writing a company a pass on full disclosure because they're a black company. I think they'll answer these inquiries because they seem open to working with customers and I commend that but not enough to not ask questions.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

I use the Organic Raw Shea Butter shampoo (the same line as the Deep Treatment Masque) & I must say, whatever it is that they put in there, please keep it up! I love that stuff!

Sent from my LG-P999 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

So they updated on their discussion on SheaMoisture's products. Can You Use Natural Extracts To Preserve Cosmetics?

Comment

I love yucca, and aloe. Both are natural saponides...soap...lathers up in hair. By the way ...sugar beets.isn't the ingredient that makes it foam...its the coconut milk.
                Originally posted by Ravenpriestess View Post
                My skin & scalp are very sensitive. I cannot tolerate certain ingredients including dyes. I like Shea Moisture products b/c I do not have any adverse affects. I have gone to the dermatologist & was given a list of ingredients to avoid. If there was any irritants in any of the products my scalp & skin would have responded. I have been using several Shea Moisture products for well over a year now. I sat down & researched key ingredients one night. Did you know that yucca was used by Native Americans for hair growth? Neem oi, another key ingredient, used widely in India & it is known to be antifungal. I love researching natural ingredients. It became a neccesity when I lost hair due to seborrhea dermatitis.

Sent from my PG06100 using CurlyNikki App

Sent from my SGH-T839 using CurlyNikki App
                peepla
                http://purplebutterfly-peepla.blogspot.com
                ~ http://AptitudesUnlimited.artfire.com ~
                :: http://peepla.etsy.com ::

Comment

Originally posted by peepla View Post
                  I love yucca, and aloe. Both are natural saponides...soap...lathers up in hair. By the way ...sugar beets.isn't the ingredient that makes it foam...its the coconut milk.

Sent from my SGH-T839 using CurlyNikki App
                  Coconut milk is not a surfactant, and thus does not contribute to the foaming ability. The glucoside derived from sugar beets is a surfactant, that, when partnered with other ingredients, creates a small amount of foam.

Comment

I also agree with above and fee like the article is sketchy. Most of the time we are some people try to do there research and are not chemist and know how ingredients react with each other. I really don't care for the writer of the article or the website. I don't believe that Shea moisture would leave off there ingredients because they are regulated to put it all on there. And for the fragrance issue not being in there. I would think with all the ingredients added they wouldn't have to add a artificial fragrance. She moisture isn't completely organic but has a lot of organic interjects in them. I love Shea moisture and use every one of there products. I also have other sulfate free products that act similar to shea moisture. Bottom line is does it work for you and for me it does with no let downs. People are just amazed at how a shampoo with no sulfates can soap up. If it does they always point the finger to it being unreal. When they should really do more digging. That's why I love to read the articles on curly Nikki they give u the real truth.

Comment

Working...
                    X