X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different Kind of Swap

Don't you love coming home from a hard day of work or back to your dorm after a long day of class and see that your mail man has left you a package. You get inside and open the package. Surprise! It's filled with goodies and I mean goodies. Things that would warm any girls heart. Maybe nail polishes? Some headbands or hair bows? Maybe some of those cute earrings from the beauty supply store? In any event you feel the anticipation as you go through the box of goodies not knowing what you'll find next. As of recently I've been browsing YouTube like sooo many other faithfuls and I came across things called "Swap hauls" and they seem like so much fun to be quite honest. It gives you a chance to get to know someone else and see what's in other areas that you probably wouldn't reach and get things from stores you may not have heard of. I love the idea of making new acquaintances and trying new things all through the bond of girly stuff. It's all apart of the experience. I brought this thought here because I see so many things like curl box, and all those other type of subscriptions and got a little jealous I won't even front, why can't we do our own thing with a twist?.

Now I'm going to be completely honest I'm on the budget of a college student like many other ladies, but that gives me an advantage whoever I may swap with can be even more of a diva on a budget We can make it do what it do boo! But i do love to go out shopping, its a guilty pleasure *hangs head* Hopefully this sounds appealing to someone else and we can just have fun and get to know each other, try new products Sound good? Check out some of the swap videos and let me know what you think maybe we can all get to know each other and swap like crazy!

If this sounds good we can come up with :
    -A budget
    - Something that you may have wanted to try but may not be in your area
    -A list of 10 things that you like as in colors or your favorite candy basically things that make you, you and can give the sender a chance to personalize your box and get creative with what they put in it, but also tweak things around a bit
    -How far along are you in your hair journey, are your relaxed, natural, or transitioning
    -A date to exchange or have the box sent out by

Hopefully I'm not alone here
    Last edited by tymonroe91; 10-19-2012, 01:08 AM. Reason: not complete

That sounds really cool.
    4c wiry thick nappy normal porosity(acts like low porosity) hair
    Poo: SM blk soap
    Dc: Avocado, oo & honey
    Moisturizer: ?
    Spritz: Oyin J&B
    Sealant: ?

Comment

I like this idea alot! Sounds like fun!

Sent from my ADR6350 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

If I wasn't already doing the fall swap, I'd do this one. Maybe if this one ends up being later...Sounds fun though!
        sigpic
        http://what-the-kink.blogspot.com
        http://www.youtube.com/glamourstruckk

Comment

I'm glad this sounds fun to you ladies! Is anyone interested in trying this out?

Comment

I like this a lot!

Sent from my LS670 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Sounds like a fun thing to do!

Sent from my SCH-I405 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

This sounds like fun! Count me in
                Last relaxer: June 2012
                BC: May 31, 2013

"Deciding to be yourself is never a fad."-Knotty and Nice

Comment

Yay! If your in! here's my list:

I'm Tyler from Queens, NY. My hair, Elle and I have been on our hair journey for 9 months now, I'm 100 percent natural.

1. My favorite color is yellow, but I'm a big fan of bold and bright colors as well
                  2. As of late I've been heavily into prints/fabrics ie: that tribal/aztec and leopard all that good stuff
                  3. Do i really have to say anything hair? lol headbands, clips, bows, beanies, products.
                  4. I'm an accessories kind of gal. Earrings, bracelets, ya now.
                  5. Nail Polish. I don't now about you ladies, but I refuse to pay that 6 bucks for a mani. I'm an avid do it yourselfer? lol is that a word?
                  6. Smell good things. Candles, sprays, mist
                  7. I'm just beginning to dabble into make up
                  8. Something you really like or enjoy
                  9. My favorite candy is Reeses Pieces, yes I'm a foodie
                  10. Random fact, my favorite number is 2. lol I was running out of things

Attach your list so we can see what we have in common so we can get to swapping. If you can't think of things feel free to just post whatever comes to mind. From there we can set- up who's gonna swap with whom, a budget and a date.

Comment

I'm Shakeeta from Anderson, SC and I'm 4 months into my transition ig journey Here's my list:

1. My favorite colors are purple and orange-my alma mater's colors (go Clemson!). I love yellow too!
                    2. I'm a huge Family Guy fanatic and I'm not-so-secretly in love with Seth Macfarlane lol.
                    3. I'm not a big girly girl but when I do dress up, I have to have my dangly earrings and chunky rings (nickel-free since I'm allergic)!
                    4. I haven't gotten creative with my hair yet but I definitely want to try some cute headbands and what I call "India Arie headscarves" lol.
                    5. My favorite candy is Hershey's Cookies & Creme-so good!
                    6. At any given time, I have at least 6 different nail polishes in the house.
                    7. I'm a natural birth/breastfeeding/cloth diapering/intactivism/homebirth junkie!!
                    8. Lip gloss makes me happy
                    9. I really like perfume and body spray (I'm BFF with Bath & Body Works lol).
                    10. Not really related but I'm Mommy to 2 M&Ms, Mackenzie and Mason

Comment

I would like to do this.

Comment

Shakeeta girl...

If I said "Go Clemson!" I wouldn't be true to myself I'm a Bruins (True Blue and Gold) fan even though I'm on the East coast, but aside from that everything else is on the money! How old are Mackenzie and Mason? They're s cute in you're profile pic.

@leaderlnss post your list
                        Last edited by tymonroe91; 10-20-2012, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mamatoMx2 View Post
                          I'm Shakeeta from Anderson, SC and I'm 4 months into my transition ig journey Here's my list:

1. My favorite colors are purple and orange-my alma mater's colors (go Clemson!). I love yellow too!
                          2. I'm a huge Family Guy fanatic and I'm not-so-secretly in love with Seth Macfarlane lol.
                          3. I'm not a big girly girl but when I do dress up, I have to have my dangly earrings and chunky rings (nickel-free since I'm allergic)!
                          4. I haven't gotten creative with my hair yet but I definitely want to try some cute headbands and what I call "India Arie headscarves" lol.
                          5. My favorite candy is Hershey's Cookies & Creme-so good!
                          6. At any given time, I have at least 6 different nail polishes in the house.
                          7. I'm a natural birth/breastfeeding/cloth diapering/intactivism/homebirth junkie!!
                          8. Lip gloss makes me happy
                          9. I really like perfume and body spray (I'm BFF with Bath & Body Works lol).
                          10. Not really related but I'm Mommy to 2 M&Ms, Mackenzie and Mason
                          I just had to come in when I saw Anderson and then Clemson! Say what?!?!? I live in Greenville, SC and graduated from Clemson in '06! Small world....

Check out our blog www.justcurlz.com
                          ~BC May 7, 2011...truly loving my hair*~

Comment

Tyler, thank you! Mackenzie will be 3 in January and Mason will be 6 months tomorrow! I can't believe he's that old because it seems like I was just pregnant yesterday lol.

Tasha, it is a small world! The year you graduated was my freshman year

Comment

Sound cool, count me in:-)

Sent from my HTC Glacier using CurlyNikki App
                              I believe that everything happens for a reason.
                              People change so that you can learn to let go,
                              things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right,
                              you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself,
                              and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.
                              - Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Working...
                              X