X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome To The World Of Onebydesign!

Hello lovely ladies, Onebydesign here and my natural hair journey began 14 months ago on May 29th, 2010. My beautiful daughter Taja was transitioning back to natural and it got me curious about my own hair, which I hadnt seen in it's natural state since I was about 12 and even then I always kept it pressed so it was a real stretch for me to remember what my natural hair looked like.

The other factor that pushed me into going natural was the fact that I could no longer afford my bi-weekly visits to the salon any more and believe me it hurt my heart to have to give those up because I LOVED my short, relaxed hair and my trademark was my fly short styles, the shorter the better lol.

Anyway I started reading up on natural hair, asking my daughter all kinds of questions til she finally told me 'Ma why dont you just check out Curly Nikki'? and here I am. Once I made the decision to go natural I talked to my partner of 10 years and asked him what he thought and he said he didnt have a problem with it, so I grabbed my scissors & some clippers & shaved my head BALD, Im talking breeze on my scalp bald except for a small section in the front & I never looked back. My hair grows really fast, so at almost 11 months natural my hair was about 5 inches and it was just getting to be too much so I big chopped again at the beginning of April 2011 and it's growing like crazy again! This time however I am going to let it grow because I have been challenged by both my honey & our daughter to not cut it again and see how long it can get and this time I am ready for some big, divalicious hair
    Attached Files
    Nadine

virtuallynadine.com

Twitter

Facebook

And here is my hair now in my signature style, finger coils:
    Attached Files
    Nadine

virtuallynadine.com

Twitter

Facebook

Comment

Woo Hoo she did it! Welcome to Curl Street! I can't wait to follow your journey! Please thank your family for being supportive not everyone gets that!
      Keep it curly
      Birthday August 2009
      Rebirth December 2010

my tumblr

My YOUTUBE CHANNEL

My Etsy

Comment

Originally posted by Onebyd42 View Post
        And here is my hair now in my signature style, finger coils:
        Those coils are bling blinging! Get it!
        Keep it curly
        Birthday August 2009
        Rebirth December 2010

my tumblr

My YOUTUBE CHANNEL

My Etsy

Comment

Welcome! You have beautiful thick hair. I look forward to seeing how you fare on your family's growing challenge.
          LAST RELAXER: JUNE 20, 2010 / BIG CHOP: AUGUST 3, 2011
          CHECK OUT MY BLOG: http://www.curlynikkiforums.com/curl...ce-new-me.html

Comment

Girl thank you so much, I told myself I am not going to sleep until I get this dang blog set up!

LOL @ the bling, bling; let me tell you I took that pic the morning of my niece's wedding and I had gotten up early & put the cols in that morning, talk about pushing it girl I had one eye on the mirror and one eye on the clock lol!

Whenever I am unhappy with my hair or am not feeling a certain style, I put in my finger coils and all is right in my hair world.
            Nadine

virtuallynadine.com

Twitter

Facebook

Comment

Hi Braids, thank you sooo much!

It is definitely gonna be a challenge because me and long hair do not get along, but my honey bet me $50 I couldnt do it and there is no way I am giving up that kind of money as cheap as I am, plus I dont want to hear his I told you so lol.
              Nadine

virtuallynadine.com

Twitter

Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Onebyd42 View Post
                Girl thank you so much, I told myself I am not going to sleep until I get this dang blog set up!

LOL @ the bling, bling; let me tell you I took that pic the morning of my niece's wedding and I had gotten up early & put the cols in that morning, talk about pushing it girl I had one eye on the mirror and one eye on the clock lol!

Whenever I am unhappy with my hair or am not feeling a certain style, I put in my finger coils and all is right in my hair world.
                Well it looks fab! Good luck on growing that beautiful head of hair!
                Keep it curly
                Birthday August 2009
                Rebirth December 2010

my tumblr

My YOUTUBE CHANNEL

My Etsy

Comment

Thank you!

My honey Brandon has been very supportive, but let me tell you when I first cut my hair he didnt know I was going to cut it as low as I did and when I opened the bathroom door I asked him what he thought and he just stood there and said hmmm and walked away.

Now that may sound bad but I actually appreciated it cause my feeling is if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all, and believe me those were his thoughts back then lol and he had no comment on my hair for a few weeks til it starting growing back in, then he was constantly rubbing my head like I was some kind of good luck charm or something! I guess that was payback for all the times when I was relaxed where if he even looked like he was thinking about touching my head I was like NOOOO! Plus he rocks a bald head and I rub his head all the time so I guess he figures now it's his turn cause he is constantly RUBBING MY HEAD but now I dont mind lol.
                  Nadine

virtuallynadine.com

Twitter

Facebook

Comment

Welcome to the block!!!
                    Just Curlz Hair Blog www.justcurlz.com
                    Tweet with Just Curlz's @Just_Curlz
                    www.facebook.com/Just.Curlz

Comment

Thanks Ms. Brwnsugar, its great to be here!
                      Nadine

virtuallynadine.com

Twitter

Facebook

Comment

Ladies can I just say THANK GOD ITS FRIDAY???!!! Whoo this has been one heck of a week and I will be so glad to be away from my job for a couple days...

On the hair front, I have been wearing my finger coils all week and I usually don't take them down until my wash day, which will be on Sunday, but my scalp is starting to act up a bit and I may have to take them down tonight or tomorrow.

When I put them in last Sunday, I had to use alot more gel than I usually use because for some reason my hair just did not want to coil and that may have lead to some product buildup on my scalp. Oh well, I wanted to try out a new style anyway so this will give me an excuse and if it comes out halfway decent, I may take a pic and post it
                        Nadine

virtuallynadine.com

Twitter

Facebook

Comment

What style are you going to try?
                          Just Curlz Hair Blog www.justcurlz.com
                          Tweet with Just Curlz's @Just_Curlz
                          www.facebook.com/Just.Curlz

Comment

Well I'm locked in an followingWelcome.
                            Crystal No Lye 2.17.11. BC 7.21.11
                            Low Porosity Kinky 4C Hair
                            B]http://www.youtube.com/naturalblackqueen

Comment

Welcome! Your hair looks great short, long, relaxed, natural, styled, or just letting it do what it do! I always admire women who are able to wear their hair really, really short or shaved because I could never do it! I'm along for the ride and I wait to yell at you to put the scissors down because it sounds like it may come to that! LOL
                              ~BC May 7, 2011...truly loving my hair*~

Comment

Working...
                              X