X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• De-Tales of da Triple D's in Dallas

These are the tales, the hairy tales, these are the tales that you will get to know so well of Devon-me, Diamond-de hair, and Dakota-de Buggie, my heart, my baby girl

Sooo, I transitoned aka got my last relaxer in Feb 2008. Played around with the idea of never getting a perm again; I was tired of the maintenence and I always wore it curly anyway, so what was the purpose of a perm anyway?? Oct. 2009, my 1st time ever getting color and I loved it! Went in for my touch up and was like, oh I want my color to stand out more and came out with a fiyah red! It was a beautiful red, but when I started to love it, found out that I had a bun in my oven, so of course no more touch ups for me. I went around with a brassy red throughout my pregnancy until my the day before my last babyshower ( had 3!) Went in and was like, Oh Tim, I need to cover this brassy red and I want my natural color back! Well I got a black rinse and it was beautiful, loved it! July 6th, 2010 at 2:10 am, my little angel arrived with a head full of hair!!! 6 mos later, her hair starts to do this weird George Jefferson thing in the back and on the side I'm pissed, but I know I had seen and heard about the hair loss from babies having to sleep on their backs. My mom and everyone assured me that it would grow back after her 1st birthday, so that made me feel better, but tell me why this child insists on EVERYDAY pulling out the barrettes that I put in her hair every morning!?!? By the time I pick her up form daycare, she looks as if she's been 'baby fighting'! Smh, anywho, I will learn one day to stop.

Ok so, Diamond, she's diva and don't care. She will cuss you, scratch and kick your @$$ if she doesn't get her way! So of course, i'm a punk, I give in and I let her win. Most of the time....Here's what I do to her on the regular to keep her rocking that shine that she loves:

Fri, Sat, or Sun-depending on my time available after dealing with my other diva, Dakota, I try to pre poo with EVOO, and a variety of other oils that I have on hand: grapeseed, avocado, sweet almond, coconut, ect or damp hair. Baggy over night rinse with warm water in the morning.

Wash with either Giovanni Triple Treat shampoo or a sample pack of whatever cream cleanser I have on hand.

Deep treat by mixing my oils and Yes to Carrots or LustraSilk Shea (from CN regimin). Baggy and nap, clean, or whatever until time to rinse in shower. I really want to try Jessicurl WDT or something else good...any recommendations??

Grab my ACV tools for my final rinse (my least fav. part do to smell), 3 cups bottled water, 3 tbsp ACV and a few drops peppermint oil. Hop in shower and rinse out DT, shower, and last but not least, pour ACV mix over hair for last rinse. Hop out shower pat hair dry as possible with a tee shirt.

I immeadiately apply whatever my leave in for that day is (Giovanni Direct, Miracle 7, Talij Waheed PMB, or whatever sample pack) I try to apply it in 2 sections, but I really should do four, but I am always in a rush! Apply styler for wash go (KCCC, Eco Styler Argan, sampled styler) and scrunch. Apply oil of choice on top, allow to airdry!

At night, I pineapple/sleep on my satin pillow case and do a modified verison of what I did the previous day for my 2nd day hair.

I really want to experiment more with twists and TnC's. AfricanExport on YT inspired me with her TnC using flexirods and I fell in love! I will post pics below in another post.

Well ladies, sorry to bore you guys with this looonnnggg @$$ intro, but I promise my others won't be as long, lol Please feel free to stop by, say hi, ask questions or whatever!

SN: You guys ALL rock and I am a CN Forum junky and PJ, lol
    DiamondCurl24/7
    Last Relaxer: Feb. 2008
    Follow me on Instagram diamondev27

Hey girl you finally did one!!!...I haven't braved up to doing one yet, I don't know if I have the time perhaps one day!! I love the name Dakota for a lil mama so cute!! How do you like the Talij Waheed products? I actually saw some products in a hair store this weekend and after being surprised that they had them I became curious about their use. Also I'm a CN forum and PJ junky too!! I'm excited to follow your journey!!
    Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
    Psalm 37:4

Last Relaxer: 11 Oct 2010
    BC: 18 Feb 2011

My Growth....Spiritually, Physically and Naturally!! Curl Blog

Comment

Hey Luscious! Thanks for coming by and thanks lil Ms. Missy, Dakota is something else I love the Talij Waheed Protective Mist Bodifier! It leaves your hair soft and very moisturized! You will like too I will eventually get around to trying some of their other stuff. And wooow, my post is long as hell, sheesh too much reading, I didn't know it was that long, but seeing it now from my phone gosh, lol!!!!

 from myusing CurlyNikki
      DiamondCurl24/7

Comment

FINALLY!!!!!!!!! YAY!!! You know Imma be all up in here
        I KNOW I got good hair...It's AFRICAN in my family!

The Long Kiss...Hair Blog

Comment

Love the post!! Will be continually reading this.. Wow time flies!!.. Dakota almost one??!!
          Last Relaxer: June 2010
          BC: Feb. 2011

"Striving for growth...Physically, Mentally, and Spiritually...."

Comment

hey girl! just stoppin' by to see you
            "getting to know my hair and her needs was the BEST thing I've done in the last year. She's beautiful and i KNOW i am!"

follow me on Twitter: @mrsdarian
            add me on FB: facebook.com/darian.yanceymackey

transitioned: 12/09- 9/27/2010
            BIG CHOP: 9/27/2010

Comment

Pics as promised:

Before Dakota, her dad & I, lmao, jk!

Oh chili paste red, how do I miss thee..

Black rinse at my baby shower, swollen nose and bad eye shadow, smh

Buggie!
              DiamondCurl24/7

Comment

More pics and imma leave y'all alone for tonight!

A nice WnG here with Shea Moisture Milk & Smoothie, terrible 2nd day hair though

A banana clipped faux hawk, looking-thingy, lol

1st ever TnC, used flexi rods, hair was still damp so left twisted! Me likey!

2nd day TnC with twists unraveled, love!
                DiamondCurl24/7

Comment

Originally posted by MelMelBee View Post
                  FINALLY!!!!!!!!! YAY!!! You know Imma be all up in here
                  Heeeeeey, thanks for stopping by! My girl, Mel

DiamondCurl24/7

Comment

Originally posted by Mwilson11 View Post
                    Love the post!! Will be continually reading this.. Wow time flies!!.. Dakota almost one??!!
                    Alex love, Dallas love, gotta love it!!! Yes, my Buggie will be 1 in less than 2 weeks!!!

DiamondCurl24/7

Comment

Originally posted by mrsmackey View Post
                      hey girl! just stoppin' by to see you
                      Thanks lady, how's it going?!

DiamondCurl24/7

Comment

Yes!! You did it!! You know ill be checking in :-) btw your hair is GORGEOUS! Got a case of hair envy your twist out was flawless!

Sent from my LG-MS690 using CurlyNikki App
                        My Blog Leopardkissez I'm on Twitter!!! @LeopardKissez

Comment

Yes I LOVED that red and the TnC you did too!! Lil mama is such a cutie pie!!
                          Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
                          Psalm 37:4

Last Relaxer: 11 Oct 2010
                          BC: 18 Feb 2011

My Growth....Spiritually, Physically and Naturally!! Curl Blog

Comment

Alright so you know I'm all "up, in, thru" this thang!!! Yessssss I'm so happy you blogging. Your lil Miss Dakota is beautiful. Love your hair not that I hadn't seen it before, just wanted you to know that I thought your hair was cute lol.

Anyway, I'm following!! Don't everrrrr post w/o pics lol! I love pics.
                            Big Chop: 5/20/2011

"Don't Remove the Kinks from your hair... Remove them from your Brain."

~ Marcus Garvey ~

ChocolateHairAffair - http://www.youtube.com/user/JusBnNappy

Twitter: @ChocHairAffair

This is a true confession, of a life learned lesson that I was sent here to share with yawl...
                            ~India Arie~

Comment

Hey BnNappy yes ma'am I 'preciate you stopping by and look forward to your future visits! You and your cousin have me rolling every day in y'all blogs I  pics too, so you will be seeing them!

DiamondCurl24/7

Comment

Working...
                              X