X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Natural Life

Hey curlistas! Yes I made that up . Finally decided to start my blog so that I can keep track of my progress and mishaps and also share and dialogue about wholistic living, family life, food, culture, spirituality, DIY, current events and more. Will you join me?

Ill be joining u I'm excited u always give good advice on the forum!

Sent from my LG-P505 using CurlyNikki App
    BC: 5/8/12 never felt more beautiful<3
    Last relaxer:April 2010

Comment

I'll join!! I'm interested in wholistic living.
      B/C: March 2011

Comment

Im in (:

Sent from my LG-MS690 using CurlyNikki App
        _Heal Thyself

Comment

A bit about me....

My hair journey began with a family of 3b heads and me. They had no idea what to do with my super coarse hair and very tender scalp. Early in life I stayed in braids and beads. I remember there were only two people who could manage my hair at all. I was permed early in elementary school and then jeri curled on top of that which lead to epic shedding and my first BC. From there braids and perm again. My hair was so coarse and different from the permed hair that it had to be pressed in between perms (which were already every 5-6 wks). I still feel the singe of the hot comb moms dropped on my neck and the scalp burns from granny. My dad was a stylist so my hair was pretty healthy through my jr high and high school years.

I did my second BC when I was 16 (haven't permed since). Cut all the chemicals out my hair and became a vegitarian lol. My family was, at best, confused. I grew locs for the next 7 years then BC again. So freeing. I wore tiny corn rows and micros until about 2003 when I did my last, and most extreme, BC. I invested a lot in growing my hair for about 6 months and went for a trim and the stylist cut so much off I was devastated and decided to just shave it off. It was a hit!

I wore it shaved until October 2011 when my man decided he wanted to see me with hair. Thus began my hair growth journey. Up until now I really never knew how to care for my hair outside of the basics: only comb out with conditioner starting from the ends, and tie up at night. Outside of that I was clueless.

I knew that it would be a chore for me as I'm used to barely brushing my shaved head. I had a baby the year before and was swamped between home and work and spending less and less time on my self care. This journey gave me permission to do something for myself and became a ritual of sorts. Thus came the name "anointed" as in "my head is anointed, and my cup is running over". Corny, I know but hey I'm stuck with it now lol.

Lastly, professionally I'm an herbalist, acupuncturist and wholistic educator. I specialize in womens health, pain management, digestive disorders and skin problems. I treat lots of other stuff too. If you have any questions or need support for health issues from a natural perspective ask away. And I LOVE making my own products. May even do some contest give aways

Chow for now

Comment

Thank you ladies! I love this forum and I have learned so much here decided it's time to give back. Dang my son just woke up so later I'll post some random pics of me over the years.

Comment

I tried a new technique this past wash day. Stretching my hair till dry before styling. After my dc I put my leave in on and sealed with my infused oil. I then sectioned my hair in about 16 plats and covered with a small silk scarf. I headed out to my dance class and when I returned I had soft, nicely detangled (fingers), stretch and dry hair. Perfect for braiding. I then took down a few sections at a time and moisturized well and began my parts. The style was cute but I had to take it down this AM bc It hurt but my TO was big and fluffy as if I blow dried it before braiding. It was soft and, dare I say, silky? I'm defenantly incorporating this technique into my regi. No more flat twisting/braiding on wet hair. I still like the two strand twist on damp hair though.

Comment

Here are a few pics of me. The one with the shaved head is how I wore my hair most of the time for 8+ years. There were a few times during that time where I tried to grow it out but get discouraged when it gets longer because I didn't know what to do with it. The one of me as a pre teen with straight hair is about as long as my hair ever got permed. And the last one is of me and my son when he was about 6 months old. I couldn't keep up with the barber in the last few months of pregnancy and for several months after. This was a blow out. My hair was shedding like crazy and oh so dry. Isn't my boo boo adorable? He's 2 1/2 now
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Anointed View Post
                  Here are a few pics of me. The one with the shaved head is how I wore my hair most of the time for 8+ years. There were a few times during that time where I tried to grow it out but get discouraged when it gets longer because I didn't know what to do with it. The one of me as a pre teen with straight hair is about as long as my hair ever got permed. And the last one is of me and my son when he was about 6 months old. I couldn't keep up with the barber in the last few months of pregnancy and for several months after. This was a blow out. My hair was shedding like crazy and oh so dry. Isn't my boo boo adorable? He's 2 1/2 now
                  opps here it is
                  Attached Files

Comment

These pics are of the braids that ripped my edges right out. I mean literally as I took them down the hair just came out in a big glob. The frown on my face is because the ish hurts and I am in pain. See that shiny bald spot. Baby but bald. I decided to shave it off and start getting regular cuts again until the bald spots grew back. This was the fall of 2010 and too bad I didn't know anything about castor oil or WHGO. They have grown in but not filled in. Still very fragile and sparse. Now I know I can't braid my edges. Excuse the mess in the back.
                    Attached Files

Comment

These are pregger pics. Chunky twist while getting my pregnancy mold and box braids getting ready for labor and delivery baby! Having a baby showed me that I can do anything. So empowering.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Ok last post of pics for today. These are just random pics of my hair from brush cut to now. All the ones I feel like uploading at least. Don't know why some come out sideways.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Yay! Welcome!
                          Your son is adorable, and he looks just like you! You were really pretty with your hair shaved off! I'll be back with questions about my youngest daughter Jordyn's dreadful eczema.
                          Sent from my SCH-I500 using CurlyNikki App
                          Last edited by naturallyjada; 07-24-2012, 01:57 AM.
                          SHEBA dob 12/30/10

Comment

Thank you Jadaboo! Tell me more about the eczema. I treat this so often with great results

Comment

Originally posted by Anointed View Post
                              Thank you Jadaboo! Tell me more about the eczema. I treat this so often with great results
                              She has a lot of flare-ups. I even think it has gotten into her hairline. She's been to her pediatrician, and a dermatologist with little relief. She has cream, and also medicine to take at night to that gives her relief to sleep. I do use all clear detergent.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using CurlyNikki App
                              SHEBA dob 12/30/10

Comment

Working...
                              X