Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tashacu02...Now Natural & Fabulous!

Welcome to my Curl Street Journal!!

I have gone back and forth with myself so many times about starting a curl street journal and I have finally decided to just jump in head first! Since I'm the first person in my family to embrace my natural curls, I'm going to love sharing my highs, lows, trials, and tribulations to someone other than my poor husband who never really understands what I'm going through anyway...lol!

Now, for a little background information...
    I have been relaxed since I can remember and when I asked my Mom if she remembered she said since the age of about 4 or 5, I don't even think she really remembers. I have an older sister and she said she couldn't tackle both of our hair, so we got the creamy crack! Now, at the age of 26 I am seeing my natural hair for the first time in my life!!! I transitioned for 8 months (planned for at least a year, but hey) after my last relaxer in Septemberish 2010. When I got my last relaxer I never knew it would be my last one so I don't know an exact date. But the day I became natural and fabulous I will never forget...May 7, 2011!! I thought I would feel some sort of way while cutting my hair because I have had long hair my entire life, but surprisingly I didn't. I was happy to see it go and this further confirmed that I was over my relaxed hair and ready to move on. I went natural not only to better the health of my struggling relaxed hair, but to be someone that my one year old daughter and nieces can look up to. There are so many of "us" that do not embrace our naturally curly, kinky hair that I wanted to lead by example.

I am a product junkie to the 10th power...LOL! I will try anything once and all it has to do is work great for one person and I'm all on it! But, I am getting closer to finding my staple products which I have mixed feelings about. While I am happy to finally know what products work best for my hair, I'm a little sad that I won't NEED to try so many different products.

All in all, I am loving my natural hair and so happy that I took this journey. Please stop by and visit and share in my stories and bring some of your own .

~Later Curlies!

I have attached a few pictures of hair throughout my life, enjoy!

*1st pic- My hair freshly relaxed and curled on my wedding day!
    *2nd pic- My husband and I when I was nine months pregnant
    *3rd pic- 5 months post relaxer
    *4th pic- Day after my BC, rocking my first all natural twist out!
    Attached Files
    ~BC May 7, 2011...truly loving my hair*~

Since I have BC'ed I have only done twist and twist outs, so I decided to give my hair (and arms) a break. I tried something new today and I really love it! I used Uncle Funky's Daughter Supercurl to do some twists in the front that I took out and then I did a wash and go with the back using Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Magic. My hubby got these for me for Mother's Day (told you, I was a true PJ) and this was my first time trying them out. I saw their products at the Natural Hair Show in Atlanta last month and wanted to try it but I was still transitioning and wasn't sure how my natural hair would react to it. But, when he asked what I wanted, I jumped at the opportunity to get my hands on these products and I truly love them!! They are pricey but a little goes a long way and they actually do what they say they are suppose to do! Let me know what you think...

~Later Curlies!
    Attached Files

Comment

Hey Tasha...Welcome

I'm loving your hair...It's gorgeous. And in the picture of you in the pink (with the headbands that I will soon be buying)...that was my signature style when my hair was at that length...it looks super cute on you!

I hear you on leading by example...my 5 year old godsister finally asked my godmom, why do all the other girls have long hair. Of course my godmom (who is relaxed) made her talk to me! We draw pictures of our hair, we wear twist outs together and really celebrate our natural hair together...

I'll be checking back!!!
      I KNOW I got good hair...It's AFRICAN in my family!

The Long Kiss...Hair Blog

Comment

Welcome. Cute hair style!
        Just Curlz Hair Blog www.justcurlz.com
        Tweet with Just Curlz's @Just_Curlz
        www.facebook.com/Just.Curlz

Comment

Welcome to the family! I just gave you some love on your other post! Looking good!
          Keep it curly
          Birthday August 2009
          Rebirth December 2010

my tumblr

My YOUTUBE CHANNEL

My Etsy

Comment

Originally posted by MelMelBee View Post
            Hey Tasha...Welcome

I'm loving your hair...It's gorgeous. And in the picture of you in the pink (with the headbands that I will soon be buying)...that was my signature style when my hair was at that length...it looks super cute on you!

I hear you on leading by example...my 5 year old godsister finally asked my godmom, why do all the other girls have long hair. Of course my godmom (who is relaxed) made her talk to me! We draw pictures of our hair, we wear twist outs together and really celebrate our natural hair together...

I'll be checking back!!!
            Thank you so much! I never realized how important hair is to a little girl until I had a little girl and looked at her hair. I feel as though I can't tell her that her curly hair is beautiful but yet Mommy/Auntie uses a relaxer to take away her curls...It just doesn't seem right.

Originally posted by sweetdrk1 View Post
            Welcome to the family! I just gave you some love on your other post! Looking good!
            Thanks so much and please check back !

Originally posted by Brwnsugar24 View Post
            Welcome. Cute hair style!
            Thanks!!

Comment

1st time traveling as a natural and now I know all the hype around baggying!!

First things first, I baggyed (I think I'm making up words...lol) for the first time last night and now I know what the hype is all about! I used Aussie moist and some coconut oil and my hair was the softest and most moisturized it has ever been. I don't know what I was expecting but it surpassed it and I will definitely be doing this more often.

Now, I will be heading to my sister's house this weekend which is about 3 hours away from me and this is my first time traveling since I BCed. I have never traveled with so many hair products before in my life...LOL! I have conditioner, twist cream, curling gel, sealing oils, microfiber towel, leave in conditioner and I'm sure much more I can't remember at the moment. When I was relaxed the most I carried was a scarf, comb and maybe a flat iron. This will be her and my Mom's first time seeing my hair so I have to come correct, ya know?!?!? So, I did my two strand twists tonight and plan to wear these tomorrow for a twist out on Saturday. But, I feel like I have to carry everything since I don't know what my hair is going to look like by Sunday, hence the bag full of products packed in my bedroom upstairs. I just hope I don't forget anything because my sister is relaxed and I know she doesn't have what I need at her house if I do forget something. Why can't I just pack up my entire bathroom sink and cabinet???? Anywho, I better get in the bed since me and the little Diva are pulling out early in the AM (hubby is a coach for an AAU basketball team and they have a tournament this weekend so he can't go .)

~Nighty Night Curlies

Comment

Hey girl!! I am so excited to follow your blog! Lol, I feel you on traveling with all of your hair stuff. I won't even go there with all the mess I drag along, lol. Congrats again on your BC!
                Transition: October 23, 2010 - November 13, 2012!

Unequivocably and unapologetically Southern!

I know it appears that what you're going through is unnecessary. It may be unnecessary for where you are but not for where you're going. This trial has a purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by Ambitious_Tiff View Post
                  Hey girl!! I am so excited to follow your blog! Lol, I feel you on traveling with all of your hair stuff. I won't even go there with all the mess I drag along, lol. Congrats again on your BC!
                  Thanks girl!! This traveling is bananas!!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Oh enjoy your time with your family! Lol traveling with your stuff! Imagine if you were flying!
                    Keep it curly
                    Birthday August 2009
                    Rebirth December 2010

my tumblr

My YOUTUBE CHANNEL

My Etsy

Comment

Okay, I forgot to tell y'all that I am a coupon queen, along with my sister and sister-in-law. But anyway, this week Harris Teeter is tripling coupons $0.99 and under..this is a couponer's dream come true! Lol! Anywho, my sister and I went today and I got $79 worth of stuff for $10.66 and my sister got $96 worth of stuff for $9.16!!! I know this is so off topic but I just had to share because we were so excited!!!

~Later Curlies!!

Comment

Originally posted by tashacu02 View Post
                        Okay, I forgot to tell y'all that I am a coupon queen, along with my sister and sister-in-law. But anyway, this week Harris Teeter is tripling coupons $0.99 and under..this is a couponer's dream come true! Lol! Anywho, my sister and I went today and I got $79 worth of stuff for $10.66 and my sister got $96 worth of stuff for $9.16!!! I know this is so off topic but I just had to share because we were so excited!!!

~Later Curlies!!

Love it. So you did go to Harris Teeter? I posted that info on another thread and still haven't made it over to Harris Teeter yet.
                        Just Curlz Hair Blog www.justcurlz.com
                        Tweet with Just Curlz's @Just_Curlz
                        www.facebook.com/Just.Curlz

Comment

Originally posted by tashacu02 View Post

~Later Curlies!!

What's Harris Teeter?
                          I KNOW I got good hair...It's AFRICAN in my family!

The Long Kiss...Hair Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MelMelBee View Post
                            What's Harris Teeter?
                            It's a grocery store.

Comment

Originally posted by Brwnsugar24 View Post
                              Love it. So you did go to Harris Teeter? I posted that info on another thread and still haven't made it over to Harris Teeter yet.
                              Yes!!! And my sister and I had a ball!!

Comment

Working...
                              X