Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transitioning in every way...

Hi CN beauties!

I decided to use this as my online journal for my transition. Where better to get support than on the CN forum. There's such a sense of togetherness...

Gorsh, where to start from. Well the subject really says it all. My name is Anne. There's currently a whole lot going on in my life right now and I'm trying to 'straighten the ship' and put myself right this year. I turn 30 in September and over the last 5 years, a lot has kinda not always gone right in my life. I've slowly been healing and the journey has taught me a lot.

I'm on a long term transition and currently 5 months in. I plan to BC after about 18 months but I might stretch it to 2 years. #willneedsupport!

I hope you all enjoy reading and hope also, that you guys will share tips and similar stories with me.

I leave you with a little Quote from Christopher Robin (Winnie The Pooh...):
    "Remember: you're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."

later y'all

xxx
    Last edited by Uninibile; 05-26-2012, 02:19 PM.
    Love, Laugh, Listen... xoxo

Follow my blog!: http://www.curlynikkiforums.com/curl...every-way.html

That quote just made my day

Comment

Originally posted by CurlsNKesh View Post
      That quote just made my day
      Awwww! I'm glad it did!!! it perked me up when I read it this morning and I just thanked the Lord silently for giving me some kinda 'superhuman' strength.

Thanks for reading my new blog!!!

xxx

Comment

Morning all,

Posting my first photo! That was taken last Monday. I forgot to mention I live in London. Summer finally poked out of the clouds and it was a beautiful day. I was having lunch with my colleagues and that day my hair was the softest it had been possibly since I was little. And my twist out had amazing definition!!! It felt so good!

What changed? I tried a new spray mix. Apologies if you've read this before on the transitioning blog. I was too excited it worked, I just had to share. So all I mixed in my spray bottle was distilled water, olive oil and a tiny bit of my co-wash conditioners (Herbal Essences Hello Hydration and Tresemme Moisture Rich). I sprayed it to my hair after washing and then used my Elemis Frangipani Monoi (it's a body oil that can be used on hair as well) to seal it in. The results were just so encouraging and the weather made my day even more.

What spray mixes do you guys use and is there a day that stands out when your hair was just too cool for school!

Have a blesses Sunday everyone... need to get ready for Church!
        Attached Files

Comment

It's taking the strength of the Holy Spirit to tolerate my flatmate right now. I 'm moving out in a week but she's really irritating me now. And her house guests are making it all worse! This is the last time I do a house share with strangers just to save money! I'm basically confined to my room because her guests sleep in the living room and it's a mess, dirty dishes in the sink... urrrrrgh!!! don't want to go into too much back story... but I'm fed up.

I just wanted to vent. Hasn't made me feel better yet but I've let some of it out. Resilience cannot be taught...

Today is my wash day so have done a DT, wash and condition. Just applied my Cantu Shea Butter and then I'll do bantu knots ready for the working week!

Hope you all have a great week ahead!

xxx

Comment

Hey y'all,

I think my hair likes Mondays best. It's at it's softest after washday (Sunday) and because I know it looks good, I don't play with it at all!

It's getting pretty warm and I'm thinking of braiding this weekend to give it some time off and let it grow. It's also going to be a struggle over the next two weeks with moving house and settling in so best keep my hair happy and hidden away under some braids.

I'm thinking Kinky braids for a month or 6 weeks...? anyone have any other suggestions.

Plus I'm going to see Freddy Cole!!! (Yep, Nat King Cole's younger bro) in 3 weeks and I want something that'll last and look super fly for the day!

Thanking you all in advance

Comment

I braid my own hair and mainly use kanekalon or french wavy human hair. This is my first time hearing of kinky braids. What are kinky braids? And do they use different hair? (Please don't say its the regular synthetic hair!!!)
              2nd time around: Last relaxer approx Jan 2007
              Totally kinky-coily since 2008
              Henna head

Comment

Originally posted by Miss TeeTee View Post
                I braid my own hair and mainly use kanekalon or french wavy human hair. This is my first time hearing of kinky braids. What are kinky braids? And do they use different hair? (Please don't say its the regular synthetic hair!!!)
                Kinky braids are made with kinky hair extensions. They are usually twists and give a natural look. I've never used the kinky synthetic extensions, only human hair. Hoping to get it done this weekend maybe so I'll post a pic when it's done!

Thanks for reading my blog!

Comment

Yes, please post a pic. I tried looking at kinky twist vids on youtube but the quality isn't all that great. Then again, my internet ain't all that great either. Oh well. But yes, please do post a pic, a slide show if you can so I can see how they're installed.
                  2nd time around: Last relaxer approx Jan 2007
                  Totally kinky-coily since 2008
                  Henna head

Comment

Wednesdays...

Wednesdays are my fav day of the week. Maths a mid point: you can start again or assess the week and finish what you started.

I co-washed last night and did some snappy bantu knots. The middle part wasn't todally dry this morning, so I decided to pin the sides into a fro-hawk and liked it! (photo attached.. ignore the background props. I'm at work in the kitchen) My hair is getting mighty full and I'm leaning about it everyday.

So remember I spoke about my flatmate. Well she won't even let me stay one extra day until next Tuesday and insists I have to move out by Monday because cleaners are coming Tuesday morning. She's a kid (25 or 26) in my eyes and I really can't waste time arguing about money and all that with such a person. I'm gonna move out on Sunday and stay in a hotel for two days. I need my peace. Lesson learned though: I will not house share anymore!

Got to Keep Moving Forward... my mantra for the last 2 years

Have a fab Wednesday lovelies!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Can someone give me some good moisturizers to use for twist outs. I use Cantu Shea Butter leave in and sometimes seal with coconut oil, but it doesn't always dry before morning.

Help me!

Comment

so I use Shea Moisture deep treatment masque. Which can be used a deep treatment or a leave in. I use it as a leave in and seal with evoo. It always makes my hair very soft. It almost feel like I can feel the moisture in my hair ...like its damp but it's not. I absolutely love the masque. I haven't tried it yet but I hear Jojoba oil makes ur hair really soft to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Originally posted by CurlyRara View Post
                          so I use Shea Moisture deep treatment masque. Which can be used a deep treatment or a leave in. I use it as a leave in and seal with evoo. It always makes my hair very soft. It almost feel like I can feel the moisture in my hair ...like its damp but it's not. I absolutely love the masque. I haven't tried it yet but I hear Jojoba oil makes ur hair really soft to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using CurlyNikki App
                          Must add that to my list! I'll buy it this weekend (slowly becoming a product junkie).

Thanks lovely! I'll let you know the results when I try it! I'll also try Cantu Shea Butter and EVOO to seal and see the results. Should be some kinda lush no...?

xxx

Comment

It's Friday.... and for me that means looking forward to a long 4 day weekend! Oh yeah! So that means I only get to work wednesday - friday next week. Lave eeeeet!

The house move happens this weekend. Can't wait to be out of my house. Not looking back and moving forward. My little brother (okay he's not so little anymore, boy is huge and taller than me now and I'm like about 6 feet tall!) is coming to help me pack my stuff.... haven't seen him in 4 months! He's gonna be my date for Freddy Cole!!! That, I can't wait for! Still thinking of what to do to my hair.

So I've stalled on the braiding... maybe until next week. Still thinking of kinky twists though. Has anyone washed their hair while in braids or twists (as in extensions)? I only usually keep my braids for a maximum of 4 weeks but I'm thinking of stretching to 6 cuz I don't wanna keep manipulating the hair too much. It's all part of the learning process... so far we (my hair and me) seem to be getting along. Some days have been better than others, but we're in this for keeps. So we shall grow together.

Have a lovely weekend lovelies...x

Comment

lost in translation

House moving sucks! You never realize how much stuff you have until it's time to pack them up! urrgh!!! I'm getting there.... can't wait for my brother to get here tomorrow that's for sure.

My hair is getting mighty full ! I haven't had a trim in a few months so think I need to go and tame some of those relaxed ends a little. Co-washed last night after returning home from an amazing night of Jazz funk! I had whisky and music and the rest is history...

Need to get some new products... and oils. Wanna try jojoba cuz I hear a lot of good things about it. Currently just using evoo, castor and my Elemis frangipani. Also want to get another moisturiser and leave in. Could it be I'm really becoming a PJ! Noooooo!!!

Oh well, back to packing. Just wanted to share a photo (ignore the mess behind) cuz I'm seeing and believing that my hair is happier on the daily!

Be blessed and smile lovelies... the clouds only hide the sun so whatever the weather or situation, have a super weekend!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X