X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask Lynnieluve

...all your twist, twist-out, and natural hair care questions here!!!Attachment
    Attached Files

The queen of twists! Woo Hooo!
    Keep it curly
    Birthday August 2009
    Rebirth December 2010

my tumblr

My YOUTUBE CHANNEL

My Etsy

Comment

This is a good idea... Lynnie is my HairO along with a few others.

Lynnie, do you twist on wet or dry hair..or both? What products do you use for your twist?

Toodles,
      4EverNatural

Big Chop: May 25, 2010
      Sec Big Chop : Nov. 19 2010
      Last Perm: June 2009
      Toodles,
      4EverNatural

BC: May 25, 2010
      2nd BC: Nov. 19, 2010
      Mini Chop: March 4, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by 4EverNatural View Post
        This is a good idea... Lynnie is my HairO along with a few others.

Lynnie, do you twist on wet or dry hair..or both? What products do you use for your twist?

Toodles,
        4EverNatural

I twist on wet and dry hair. It depends on what look I'm going for. When I do my twist updos, I twist on wet/damp hair. When I want a stretched, fluffy look, I twist on dry or blow dried hair.

As for products, that depends in the look and the weather. Currently I am using Bee Mine Luscious Moisturizer and Curly butter.

Sent from my  iPhone using CurlyNikki
        "God will NEVER put more on you than you can bear"

Fotki
        Youtube Channel

Big Chop: August 9, 2009
        Description of Roxie: mostly 4a, medium density, fine/medium strands, low porosity
        Staple Products: Cream of Nature Shampoo, Giovanni Smooth As Silk Conditioner, Giovanni Direct Leave in, coconut oil, shea butter mix (shea butter, coconut oil, JBCO and olive oil)

Comment

Originally posted by Lynnieluve View Post
          I twist on wet and dry hair. It depends on what look I'm going for. When I do my twist updos, I twist on wet/damp hair. When I want a stretched, fluffy look, I twist on dry or blow dried hair.

As for products, that depends in the look and the weather. Currently I am using Bee Mine Luscious Moisturizer and Curly butter.

Do you get U better definition with Creams or Gels
          It's not the years in your life that counts. It's the life in your years.

Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I don't really like to use gel to twist my hair. If I do, I use Koils By Nature hair and body butter with eucalyptus gel. My hair pretty much gets good definition no matter what product I use. I prefer creams. It's even better when I can find a cream that gives hold like a gel. That's what the Bee Mine Curly Butter does for me.

I hope this helps.

Fotki
            Youtube Channel

Description of Roxie: mostly 4a, medium density, fine/medium strands, low porosity
            Staple Products: Cream of Nature Shampoo, Giovanni Smooth As Silk Conditioner, Giovanni Direct Leave in, coconut oil, shea butter mix (shea butter, coconut oil, JBCO and olive oil)

Comment

Thanks is the Bee Mine Curly Butter light? Do U use the same products doing the Summer. This will be my first Summer Natural and not sure what to use. I'm using Ms. Jessie Buttercream and for a change I may use Eco Gel. I prefer the creams also.
              It's not the years in your life that counts. It's the life in your years.

Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Thank you Lynnie 

Toodles,
                4EverNatural

Toodles,
                4EverNatural

Comment

When you had an in between TWA, what products did you use for your twist?

Toodles,
                  4EverNatural

Toodles,
                  4EverNatural

Comment

I used my Shea butter mix with ORS twist n lock gel or Ecocustard

Fotki
                    Youtube Channel

Comment

What kind of twists do you do (rope twists or regular two strand twists)? How soon did you start using butters on your hair? I just feel like I should wait to use butters on mine until it grows out a little longer. Do you or did you take any vitamins/supplements to help with hair growth?
                      Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
                      Psalm 37:4

Last Relaxer: 11 Oct 2010
                      BC: 18 Feb 2011

My Growth....Spiritually, Physically and Naturally!! Curl Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Luscious Mahogany View Post
                        What kind of twists do you do (rope twists or regular two strand twists)? How soon did you start using butters on your hair? I just feel like I should wait to use butters on mine until it grows out a little longer. Do you or did you take any vitamins/supplements to help with hair growth?
                        I do regular two strand twist. I started using Shea butter right away. I've been wearing two strand twist since I big chopped.

I was taking a multivitamin but it wasn't for hair but a suggestion by my doctor. She believes all women over 30 should take a multivitamin.

Sent from my iPad using CurlyNikki

Fotki
                        Youtube Channel

Comment

I do regular two strand twist. I started using Shea butter right away. I've been wearing two strand twist since I big chopped.

I was taking a multivitamin but it wasn't for hair but a suggestion by my doctor. She believes all women over 30 should take a multivitamin.

Sent from my iPad using CurlyNikki
                          Ok thanks Lynnie!!
                          Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
                          Psalm 37:4

Last Relaxer: 11 Oct 2010
                          BC: 18 Feb 2011

My Growth....Spiritually, Physically and Naturally!! Curl Blog

Comment

LQQkin up...when did you get an iPad?
                            I am all excited..do you like it? oops this is suppose to be about hair...sowee!
                            Keep it curly
                            Birthday August 2009
                            Rebirth December 2010

my tumblr

My YOUTUBE CHANNEL

My Etsy

Comment

Originally posted by sweetdrk1 View Post
                              LQQkin up...when did you get an iPad?
                              I am all excited..do you like it? oops this is suppose to be about hair...sowee!
                              LOL! This is Hubby's work iPad. My computer is still sick so this is my temporary replacement. He knew I would go crazy depending on my phone for all my Internet needs.

I can start helping you out again too.

Fotki
                              Youtube Channel

Comment

Working...
                              X