X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask CurlyNikki

I'm here, taking your questions! I'll do my best to answer in a timely manner, lol, and other viewers, please feel free to chime in and offer your advice and personal experiences!

love ya!
    nik

Lol, I need the name of that conditioner we were talking about please
    Keep it curly
    Birthday August 2009
    Rebirth December 2010

my tumblr

My YOUTUBE CHANNEL

My Etsy

Comment

Heyyyyy

When will you be posting Spring/Summer product suggestions and regimens?

Like I need more products...I know I know.... I'm just curious .

Toodles,
      4EverNatural

Big Chop: May 25, 2010
      Sec Big Chop : Nov. 19 2010
      Last Perm: June 2009
      Toodles,
      4EverNatural

BC: May 25, 2010
      2nd BC: Nov. 19, 2010
      Mini Chop: March 4, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by *CurlyNikki* View Post
        I'm here, taking your questions! I'll do my best to answer in a timely manner, lol, and other viewers, please feel free to chime in and offer your advice and personal experiences!

love ya!
        nik
        Hello,
        I am planning a curly meet up and I want it to be fab! I know you are truly experienced in this area. What are your suggestions in providing an awesome meet up!
        Thanks
        Aisha White
        Aishawhite.com

Comment

What products works best in the Summer?
          It's not the years in your life that counts. It's the life in your years.

Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

When you bun your hair, do let it air or while its wet? I'm trying to do buns every other week.

Sent from my Droid using CurlyNikki App

Comment

I need some help with my 1 y/o DD. Her hair suddenly changed to 4b/c in the back and I'm not sure how to work with it. I moisturize it twice a day with a water based cream by Curls followed by Shea butter. But its really dry and rough and not growing. Could use some pointers!

Comment

lol @ sweet . Salerm 21! Call your local Dominican salon and see if they carry it. I'm still loving it. Not the best ingredients but my hair likes it alot.

@4ever, really soon. I need to update and you'll be in luck, nearly all my products have changed, lol! I'm horrible. I did a post (going up at 12) with a quick look if you're interested. I'll elaborate in the next couple of weeks.

@aow, I don't know about you, but I'm not into the formal 'people making speeches/talks' thing. I like the feel and flow of lounge so that folks can mingle, share, and have drinks. You can always have a swap, that's fun!

@slimwithabs, In the summer, I like cones. It prevents reversion which for me reduces breakage and split ends (cones and oils help to smooth the cuticle... humidity raises the cuticle which results in tangling and angry hair). Also, loads of moisture. Hair that is properly moisturized is less likely to frizz or lose definition.

@holleywood79, I've done wet buns and dry. I prefer dry bunning because of the 'big look' I get. With wet buns, my hair doesn't get that big, full look until 2 or 3 days later. I like to bun on frizzy twist-outs. But I've been known to co-wash, and immediately bun, with great succses and growth.

@kikibrown, if what you're using right now isn't working. Switch it up. It's trial and error. Maybe her hair (like mine) needs more than juices and berries, lol. My hair likes some of the more commercial products. Don't be afraid to try out some new products. With her being only 1 though, I usually recommend folks stick with oils, like jojoba. You could try chunky twists or braids on damp hair with leave-in and oil and see if that helps her retain the moisture better. Many folks find that twists and braids hold moisture in better than letting the hair dry in an out style.

Comment

Thanks a bunch!!! Since I've been following your blog my hair has grown so much and looks a lot healthier. I think I would have been lost without your site. Keep up the good work!!

Sent from my Droid using CurlyNikki App

Comment

@kikibrown, if what you're using right now isn't working. Switch it up. It's trial and error. Maybe her hair (like mine) needs more than juices and berries, lol. My hair likes some of the more commercial products. Don't be afraid to try out some new products. With her being only 1 though, I usually recommend folks stick with oils, like jojoba. You could try chunky twists or braids on damp hair with leave-in and oil and see if that helps her retain the moisture better. Many folks find that twists and braids hold moisture in better than letting the hair dry in an out style.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I've stepped away from juices and berries and have added a little Curls Creme Brle to the mix. She needs something a little more so I'll try a few. And I'll try twists when it's wet. Appreciate the help!

Comment

thanks Holleywood Glad it's helped. Keep in touch!

@kikibrown, no prob. Let me know how that works. Gia is only 8 months and her crown like mine, is chronically dry. I'll be looking into some things soon!

Comment

Kinda non- hair related, but donypu know where I can see a clip from when you were on the Tyra Show?

 from myusing CurlyNikki
                        DiamondCurl24/7
                        Last Relaxer: Feb. 2008
                        Follow me on Instagram diamondev27

Comment

CurlyNikki Appears on the Tyra Banks Show!!!! | Curly Nikki | Natural Hair Styles and Curly Hair Care

there ya go

Comment

Hello everyone. I am new to transitioning & I saw some you tubers saw that you are supposed to dilute your shampoo. I would like to know why do we dilute our shampoo & should you dilute all natural product shampoos?
                            Crystal No Lye 2.17.11. BC 7.21.11
                            Low Porosity Kinky 4C Hair
                            B]http://www.youtube.com/naturalblackqueen

Comment

Hey is itok to bleach over henna'd hair? I know I run the risk of the damage bleaching my include, but is it especially riskynow that I've henna'd

Comment

Working...
                              X