X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask oooop2

oooop2 is gorgeous and clearly good at growing long and strong. This chica has also got some serious styles to share and tons of twisting tips! Ask her your questions here!

Attachment
    Attached Files

I completely agree with the description! Teach!
    Keep it curly
    Birthday August 2009
    Rebirth December 2010

my tumblr

My YOUTUBE CHANNEL

My Etsy

Comment

Question.... have you ever done braids/twists and if so, how do you keep them moist without them sliding out early? I do have nubian twists and I washed the first time yesterday and I ran some shea butter down each twists to seal my ends, but the scalp? I'm at a loss.
      [FONT="Georgia"][/
      Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself. Alice Walker

facebook - jennifer carter campbell
      Twitter - @mizcamp
      Instagram - mizcamp12

Comment

Question...is it possible to wear a wash and go daily and consider it a protective style? I know that a protective style usually pertains to styles that are braided but what if I were only cowashing and detangling once a week? I have been wearing a wash and go for almost a month and and I refresh everyday with a spraybottle of water and grapeseed oil and just shake. My cowash day I section and detangle in the shower. I next add the kimmaytube leave in, the KCCC diluted with water in a spray bottle and grapeseed oil to each section. When I'm done I just shake. One the third or fourth day I add KCCC diluted with water in a spray bottle and Taliah Waahid Protective Mist Bodifier to my hair to refresh the style.

Will I be able to retain length? I have noticed that my hair only sheds during my cowash and detangling day. And yes I have been lacking when it comes to treating my hair. I just got so excited that the weather broke and I can wear my damp. Any advice that can be given would be appreciated. Here is a couple of pics of my hair in a wash and go.

Don't be a copy of someone else, be an original of yourself; stay beautiful
        My Blog - http://kelleemudiva.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by *CurlyNikki* View Post
          oooop2 is gorgeous and clearly good at growing long and strong. This chica has also got some serious styles to share and tons of twisting tips! Ask her your questions here!

Attachment
          Thanks Nikki!!!

Originally posted by sweetdrk1 View Post
          I completely agree with the description! Teach!

Originally posted by MissyCee View Post
          Question.... have you ever done braids/twists and if so, how do you keep them moist without them sliding out early? I do have nubian twists and I washed the first time yesterday and I ran some shea butter down each twists to seal my ends, but the scalp? I'm at a loss.
          I have never worn any type of extensions in my hair. When I am trying to maintain my own twisted hair for awhile, I tend to wash wearing a stocking cap. This seems to help reduce the frictions on my twist, and lessens the frizz. Air drying also helps. And instead of running your hands through your twist, try scrunching a section at a time to lessen the pull on your twist.

HTHS...
          Attached Files
          www.theroxxbox.com

Comment

Originally posted by kelleemudiva View Post
            Question...is it possible to wear a wash and go daily and consider it a protective style? I know that a protective style usually pertains to styles that are braided but what if I were only cowashing and detangling once a week? I have been wearing a wash and go for almost a month and and I refresh everyday with a spraybottle of water and grapeseed oil and just shake. My cowash day I section and detangle in the shower. I next add the kimmaytube leave in, the KCCC diluted with water in a spray bottle and grapeseed oil to each section. When I'm done I just shake. One the third or fourth day I add KCCC diluted with water in a spray bottle and Taliah Waahid Protective Mist Bodifier to my hair to refresh the style.

Will I be able to retain length? I have noticed that my hair only sheds during my cowash and detangling day. And yes I have been lacking when it comes to treating my hair. I just got so excited that the weather broke and I can wear my damp. Any advice that can be given would be appreciated. Here is a couple of pics of my hair in a wash and go.

First off, your hair and texture is gorgeous. Your curls are screaming TOUCH ME!! Technically wearing a WnG isn't a protective style since your strands are loose and prone to the elements. How long is your hair? When my hair wash short, I could do WnGs and saw amazing growth. But as my hair started to get longer, WnGs started to cause my hair to tangle easily, and I ended up having a lot of single stranded knots. If you do desire to wear WnGs and you've noticed that you aren't experiencing a lot of tangles/breakage, I would say to make sure your hair (especially) ends are properly moisturized.

HTHs....
            www.theroxxbox.com

Comment

I love twist and the versatility they provide. However, lately I've really enjoyed wearing a fluffed out fro defined by my chunky twist.

This style will last me a week.

www.theroxxbox.com

Comment

Originally posted by oooop2 View Post
                I love twist and the versatility they provide. However, lately I've really enjoyed wearing a fluffed out fro defined by my chunky twist.

This style will last me a week.

I love your fro, so big, beautiful and shiny!!!...I LOVE big hair!!
                Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
                Psalm 37:4

Last Relaxer: 11 Oct 2010
                BC: 18 Feb 2011

My Growth....Spiritually, Physically and Naturally!! Curl Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Luscious Mahogany View Post
                  I love your fro, so big, beautiful and shiny!!!...I LOVE big hair!!
                  Thank you
                  www.theroxxbox.com

Comment

I love the pics of you and your girls!!!
                    "God will NEVER put more on you than you can bear"

Fotki
                    Youtube Channel

Big Chop: August 9, 2009
                    Description of Roxie: mostly 4a, medium density, fine/medium strands, low porosity
                    Staple Products: Cream of Nature Shampoo, Giovanni Smooth As Silk Conditioner, Giovanni Direct Leave in, coconut oil, shea butter mix (shea butter, coconut oil, JBCO and olive oil)

Comment

Originally posted by Lynnieluve View Post
                      I love the pics of you and your girls!!!
                      Hey thanks...One of those mommy moments
                      www.theroxxbox.com

Comment

I, too, wear wng's. But that's bcuz when I twist my hair, it just shrinks up n 30minutes! How do I keep my twists long and defined instead of short and bushy?

Also, how do u get defined twist-outs and make them last?

Oh! Would I b better off doing a daily wng since I exercise 6days per wk?

Thanks!

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Love your fluffy fro!! I have dense, coarse hair and my twist outs only last few days, definitely not weeks. What do you use as a styling product? And do you re twist nightly?

Last Perm - March 21st, 2009
                          Big Chop- March 4th, 2010
                          Cynthia- 4 b/c, Low Porosity, Coarse strands
                          --->>My hair is fiesty, yet endeering, calm, yet rebellious. She's old school and tells it like it is and does whatever she wants most of the time;she is bold and makes a statement EVERY time!
                          Twitter: RealNatrlBeauty
                          Youtube: MsBrittany2911

Comment

Originally posted by divawitacurl View Post
                            I, too, wear wng's. But that's bcuz when I twist my hair, it just shrinks up n 30minutes! How do I keep my twists long and defined instead of short and bushy?

When you twist your hair are your twist on wet, dry or damp hair? Are you covering your twist at night to decrease frizz? Also, what products are you using to twist your hair? My hair has MAJOR shrinkage, so I can totally relate to what you are saying. I tend to twist my hair on damp hair and let them air dry. If I am planning on wearing twist for awhile, once dry, I will undo, and retwist smaller. Retwisting my hair once dried tends to help with achieving more length. I think the bushy looks has a lot of do with product. I tend to LOVE Qhemet products. And often twist with their Alma Oil and Heavy Cream.

Also, how do u get defined twist-outs and make them last?

After I wash and condition hair, I detangle and twist hair into large twist. Once done, I let my hair airdry overnight. Then once completely dry, I SLOWLY untwist and separate strands. This gives me the most definition.

Oh! Would I b better off doing a daily wng since I exercise 6days per wk?

Let me start by saying I'm TOTALLY jealous that you work out 6 days/week. I really need to stop being lazy. I'm not a big fan of WnGs on my hair cause my hair tends to tangle easily, however, if you are working out a lot and find that you are a heavy sweater, I would suggest washing hair at least 3-4x/wk. Just make sure to detangle and deep condition hair regularly

Thanks!

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlyNikki App
                            Originally posted by RealNatrlBeauty View Post
                            Love your fluffy fro!! I have dense, coarse hair and my twist outs only last few days, definitely not weeks. What do you use as a styling product? And do you re twist nightly?
                            Thanks for the kind words. My hair LOVES LOVES LOVES Qhemet Alma Oil and Heavy Cream. So I tend to use this when styling hair. I'm also a BIG fan of castor oil and shea butter mix. My hair loves heavy creams, hence why I have success twisting with these 2 products. I don't necessarily retwist at night, however, I do cover nightly with a scarf. If my hair is starting to feel dry, I will spritz with water, apply more moisturizing product, and then retwist in chunky twist. Then in the morning, I just undo twist and fluff out.

Hope this helps and thanks for the questions
                            www.theroxxbox.com

Comment

I added the hydrating balm to my hair with my deep conditioner and OMGoodness!!! My hair was so so soft. I will be using it every time I deep condition now.

Sent from my  iPhone using CurlyNikki
                              "God will NEVER put more on you than you can bear"

Fotki
                              Youtube Channel

Big Chop: August 9, 2009
                              Description of Roxie: mostly 4a, medium density, fine/medium strands, low porosity
                              Staple Products: Cream of Nature Shampoo, Giovanni Smooth As Silk Conditioner, Giovanni Direct Leave in, coconut oil, shea butter mix (shea butter, coconut oil, JBCO and olive oil)

Comment

Working...
                              X