X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The College Life

Hello ladies. I thought I would start a thread for those of us in college to share our stories. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Lol.. Feel free to vent, share funny stories, and school problems etc...

Sent from my DROID4 using CurlyNikki App

I will go first. Currently I am a grad student. I have less than 2 weeks before the semester ends and lately I have been super stressed. I have 2 presentations, 2 finals, and 1 paper to do all before the 13th. Ugh

Comment

Hi nikki121 my name is Gina I'm from NY and I attend Mercy College working towards my BA in social work. I will be joining your thread to vent about college life as well as my full time job. Look forward to sharing

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using CurlyNikki App

Comment

hey ladies! i'm chanel and i have a b.s. in chemistry and in january i will be starting my m.ed in secondary ed. i'm feeling kinda down lately because i see all my friends succeeding and i can't even get a job smh. i have no support from my family and i'm just trying to stay positive! 2013 is my year!

Comment

My sister has a degree in social work as well. She works with people with mental illnesses.
          Originally posted by Natural_Gina.G View Post
          Hi nikki121 my name is Gina I'm from NY and I attend Mercy College working towards my BA in social work. I will be joining your thread to vent about college life as well as my full time job. Look forward to sharing

Comment

I feel the same way. I graduated in May and went straight to grad school. Most of my friends I graduated with have full time jobs and I have no job at all. Sometimes I wonder if I should have found a job and then went back to school. I just want to find a part time job in event marketing or marketing for a nonprofit organization.
            Originally posted by wutie View Post
            hey ladies! i'm chanel and i have a b.s. in chemistry and in january i will be starting my m.ed in secondary ed. i'm feeling kinda down lately because i see all my friends succeeding and i can't even get a job smh. i have no support from my family and i'm just trying to stay positive! 2013 is my year!

Comment

Hi Chanel, @ nikki121 I work with the same population as well as the homeless population

Comment

Originally posted by nikki121 View Post
                I feel the same way. I graduated in May and went straight to grad school. Most of my friends I graduated with have full time jobs and I have no job at all. Sometimes I wonder if I should have found a job and then went back to school. I just want to find a part time job in event marketing or marketing for a nonprofit organization.

Nikkei121 it is very hard to find a job when you finish school, most employers are looking for people with experience. Have you guys tried volunteer work?

Last edited by Natural_Gina.G; 12-04-2012, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Hi ladies I'm Brittney. I'm graduating on the 13th of this month with a B.S. in criminal justice. Two questions I hate that everyone keeps asking me: So what are your plans after you graduate? And are you excited? Ugh :/

Sent from my DROID RAZR using CurlyNikki App
                  BC'ed September 12, 2012
                  1 year natural and loving it!
                  Thin, Low Porosity, High Density, 3C hair

Instagram:brightsidebrittney
                  Tumblr:bulletproofb.tumblr.com

Comment

I want to volunteer but I also need money lol. I am moving back to MD where there are more job opportunities. I want to find something part time and then volunteer in my spare time at a community center. I will be commuting and hour to school twice a week. I might become a sub teacher since it is flexible and then before the summer get something full time. Then just take 1 class a semester since I will only have 2 left. I really want to move out on my own by the end of the summer.
                    Originally posted by Natural_Gina.G View Post
                    Nikkei121 it is very hard to find a job when you finish school, most employers are looking for people with experience. Have you guys tried volunteer work?

Comment

Yes I hate those questions. Lol There is so much pressure.
                      Originally posted by bjoseph5 View Post
                      Hi ladies I'm Brittney. I'm graduating on the 13th of this month with a B.S. in criminal justice. Two questions I hate that everyone keeps asking me: So what are your plans after you graduate? And are you excited? Ugh :/

Comment

There really is. I'm trying not to be depressed/stressed about school but its hard sometimes. What scares me the most is being unemployed after I graduate

Originally posted by nikki121 View Post
                        Yes I hate those questions. Lol There is so much pressure.

BC'ed September 12, 2012

Comment

At least they aren't asking 'When u gon graduate?' Lol. When I was in school I was on that 'extended' plan. Thank God I'm done!

Comment

Lol. Don't rush graduation. That's what all my friends who graduated keep telling me. I live in Atlanta & the job market here is terrible smh

Originally posted by cocokiss410 View Post
                            At least they aren't asking 'When u gon graduate?' Lol. When I was in school I was on that 'extended' plan. Thank God I'm done!

BC'ed September 12, 2012

Comment

I keep telling myself these student loans better be worth it lol. I am going to set a goal of getting a job by the end of Jan. I don't want just any job. Is it so wrong to want a job that actually pertains to my degree???
                              There really is. I'm trying not to be depressed/stressed about school but its hard sometimes. What scares me the most is being unemployed after I graduate

Comment

Working...
                              X