Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you usually let the pizza delivery man keep the change?

I usually do if its 1 or 2 dollars but today the change was almost $5.When I asked for my change I said only $4 b/c I didn't want the coin change money and the guy said he didn't have it so he had to go to his car.I was thinking aren't they suppose to have change in their pocket or a fanny pack whatever but I just let it go since I didn't feel like waiting.
    But I feel like it was a set up so he could just keep the change or am I just over thinking it?The small pizza was like $16 and I paid with a twenty!

I normally let them keep it because they don't make squat and gas is high!!! And my pizza place is literally 5 minutes from my house...I normally go pick it up but there are days when I am just lazy like that!
    Sparkle

Big Chop: Not happening
    Long Term Transitioner here!!!

Last Relaxer: June 2012

Comment

$5 is a lot for a tip! I usually give $1-$2 not $5. I doubt the gas comes out of their paycheck. Next time you order, tell the person to give you singles or change. That sounded set up to me. If he wanted a tip why didn't he have change? I guess he was expecting you to give him the entire $5.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using CurlyNikki App
      I am Cool

Comment

My boo is doing food delivery & he makes nada lol. They have to use their tips for gas & then pay bills with their checks.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

If I'm not mistaken they don't carry much change around any longer due to robberies. He could've been just starting his shift and had to pay some bills that day.
          Last edited by Apatt4975; 10-23-2012, 08:22 PM.

Comment

I thought the company paid for gas. That's crazy!!! I hope he finds something else.

Originally posted by Mz. CiCi View Post
            My boo is doing food delivery & he makes nada lol. They have to use their tips for gas & then pay bills with their checks.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using CurlyNikki App

I am Cool

Comment

That's his job. What do you mean he took the time to drop that off to you? Like he is doing the customer a favor. The delivery guy is hired for that reason. If he doesn't like the tips he is getting he is doing the wrong profession. There is no obligation to always tip 20%. You don't know people's financial situation.

Originally posted by Apatt4975
              I always tip 20% because he took the time to drop that off to you. You could have taken your butt up there yourself if you didn't want to tip. If the shoe was on the other foot you would want to be properly compensated. That's just my two cent. If you don't want to tip like you should then don't request service where that person makes a living off of tips. There is not justifying. If that change you are passing off to that person was all that you could spare then you are broke and shouldn't have ordered from that establishment. Mickey D's is more your speed. This is a pet peeve of mine. Peace

I am Cool

Comment

Wow. It depends on how much the change is.I do give a tip but rarely do I tip $5 on a pizza. Now I'm craving a pizza.lol...

Sent from my PG06100 using CurlyNikki App
                http://ravencurlyblogspot.com For curlies who LOVE to take care of their hair and have fun while doing it!

Comment

wooooow

Sent from my LG-US670 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

I tipped that much one time, but that was due how he handle my delivery and I always notice how good they make it, plus I ordered the largest pie they had that day. They come lil far,but my pizza was piping hot and he didn't expect any tip. I usually order from that pizzeria on occasions they know my number like the back of a book ...lol. Even though I do not order often. But my usual with be 1-2 dollars. But if I really want pizza and I can only afford exact it is what is. But they pizza don't come cheap anyways.And sometimes I get side orders so they are getting my monies worth.

And If I just wanna be extra cheap I just go by the super market and get me some red barrons...I can't stand dijourno ....ughh...lol. #imjustsayin.

Sent from my HTC Status using CurlyNikki App
                    http://octavia-shaysjourney.blogspot.com

Comment

I disagree because the company wants my money whether i am able to tip or not as long as i can pay for my food. Its courteous to tip but the customer may have bills to pay as well. Maybe they dont have a car. Cant help if drivers depend alot on tips they cant get mad if u want to keep your change.

I always tip 20% because he took the time to drop that off to you. You could have taken your butt up there yourself if you didn't want to tip. If the shoe was on the other foot you would want to be properly compensated. That's just my two cent. If you don't want to tip like you should then don't request service where that person makes a living off of tips. There is not justifying. If that change you are passing off to that person was all that you could spare then you are broke and shouldn't have ordered from that establishment. Mickey D's is more your speed. This is a pet peeve of mine. Peace

Sent from my SGH-T499 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Not gonna lie. If the pizza was $16 and I gave him a $20, I would have told him to keep all of it.

If its good service with deliveries and in restaurants I tip generously because that is how they make their money...off tips.
                        My Staples
                        Pre-Poo: Castor, EVCO and Jojoba Oils
                        Shampoo: Rhassoul Clay
                        Co-Wash: Pantene Conditioner
                        Deep Conditioner(s): Dax Roots Hair Mayonnaise & Pantene Deep Conditioner
                        Leave-In(s): KCKT
                        Sealant(s): EVCO
                        Styler(s): Pantene Defining Curls Custard

Comment

Originally posted by Perm2Natural View Post
                          Not gonna lie. If the pizza was $16 and I gave him a $20, I would have told him to keep all of it.

If its good service with deliveries and in restaurants I tip generously because that is how they make their money...off tips.
                          I agree that was not that big of a tip. I always make sure I tip well when I'm getting a service provided. Good customer service is hard to find so if the pizza wasn't jumbled up and it was on time then $4 was a good tip

Comment

oh-em-gee....
                            BC: 5/23/12 (No transition, just shaved my head)
                            Last relaxer 3/1/12
                            Made 1 year natural on 5/23/13. Yay!!

**Still Loving the Journey**

Comment

I usually try to tip any server at least $5 or more because I've been in their shoes and I know how hard their job is being on their feet and dealing with the public, same for the pizza delivery guy. Now if their attitude is stank, I'll leave them coins and write on the receipt or tell them in their face that their attitude is the reason why they are receiving a low tip. Believe it or not, it's rare that I've had to do that. Most of the time I get good servers and it makes me feel good to see them smile when I give them a nice tip.

Comment

Working...
                              X