Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll tip at a restaurant nicely, certainly. But my pizza place of choice (Papa Johns) is right up the street, if I order pizza it's because I can't make it there or it's dark and I don't like walking around here at night because of all the strange people in Austin I never pay in cash anyway. I order online, and they have an option to tip through your credit/debit card on their website and I use that.. 2-3 dollars. I feel for them and everything because I know most of them like me go to the university, but I'm sure they also know we students are pretty broke 90% of the time. lol.

And I never understood the whole percentage thing.. can someone explain? Are you telling me if I work at a restaurant, and the couple at table one orders food that winds up costing $24, but the couple at table two orders food that winds up costing $56 in the same quantities, (neither table was more of a hassle to serve than the other), table two should tip 8 to 11 dollars while table one would only have to tip 3- 5 bucks(15% to 20% tips)? This is Just an example.. but why? I'm not trying to be rude or offend anyone out there.. But why does the waiter/waitress get more money as the cost of food increases? Why does it make a difference if bringing out a fillet mignon caused you the same amount of trouble bringing out the chicken tenders did?

I feel like I'm missing something,
    Goal: BSL by 2015
    BC date: December 2015 (maybe)
    Staples: Aloe vera spritz, JBCO,pure organic shea butter, ACV

Comment

I'm an insanely generous tipper. I gave a pizza guy 20 bucks once just because I felt like being nice. I just like making someone else's day. However when the pizza man assumes the rest of the money is his on an order, oh heck no. I get my change back and he gets between 3 and five.

Comment

First I would like to say that servers are paid such low wages so that businesses can afford to hire more people. If they had to pay them min. Wage many small businesses would go out of business or have to reduce their staff. I typically tip the delivery guy a dollar or 2. I never tip more than that because to me a waiter/waitress does a lot more than a delivery person so why would I tip them the same percentage? Maybe that is just me. I do tip between 15 to 20% to waiters/waitresses.

Sent from my DROID4 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Wow, I just randomly came across this thread and had to sign up just to make one comment. You people that don't tip your delivery driver are totally ignorant. If you can't afford a 15-20% tip - YOU CAN"T AFFORD TO HAVE A PIZZA DELIVERED! The delivery charge - GOES TO THE STORE! The drivers don't get any of that. They get $4/hour because they are expecting a tip! This isn't Europe, where they automatically add the tip to your bill. They're using their own vehicle, their own gas, to drive your food to your front door. Now granted, as someone has already mentioned, black people are known for not tipping - like anywhere. I can tell you from experience, if you order food and don't tip, I hope it's the last time you order from there because the drivers remember you, and remember that you don't tip. Guess what? Next time your order will be the lowest priority and you'll be lucky if they don't spit on your food or worse. Again, if you can't/don't want to tip when you go out or get food delivered, I just feel sorry for you. One, because you will pay for it one way or another, two, it just perpetuates the stereotype of black people being too cheap or too stupid to tip.

Comment

I tip five automatically for most orders. It goes up depending on how much they had to carry and weather conditions. I used to work in the service industry without the benefit of a tip structure. I'm deeply appreciative of their hard work in what are sometimes harsh conditions. Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Working...
            X