X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4everlovingme View Post
    You actually say that to the waiter/waitress?? lol What do they say in response?
    Im glad I came in HERE after my morning *tears in my eyes from saddness & laughing... Whoo yall*. But that's what I was wonderin too? I mean, do they then come back juggling & entertaining you too!? Lol. I'm joking, excuse me... But yeah, what's the response. Lol, she pimpin the waitstaff. Yes girl, find out who's gonna be your bottom b#%*! Don't go to a restaurant w/ a feather fedora, fur coat, & platforms! Lol. Im messing... *sigh* let me go read on. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by CurlieQutie View Post
      Im glad I came in HERE after my morning *tears in my eyes from saddness & laughing... Whoo yall*. But that's what I was wonderin too? I mean, do they then come back juggling & entertaining you too!? Lol. I'm joking, excuse me... But yeah, what's the response. Lol, she pimpin the waitstaff. Yes girl, find out who's gonna be your bottom b#%*! Don't go to a restaurant w/ a feather fedora, fur coat, & platforms! Lol. Im messing... *sigh* let me go read on. Lol
      CTFU! You are freaking HILARIOUS! I'm dying over here. I'm not one to take things that seriously so no need to apologize.
      Last Relaxer: May 2009
      BC: June 3, 2009
      Texturized: Mid 2010
      Last Texturizer: August 3, 2012

My Staples:
      AIA Coconut Co-Wash
      KCCC
      AIA HE
      KCKT
      NH Strengthen and Growth Serum
      SMCES
      Elasta QP Mango Butter

Comment

Originally posted by PoisonIvy View Post
        +1 Totally unexpected this when I moseyed on in here. lmao
        Originally posted by tinaclark31@yahoo.com View Post
        Tip or get the bus driver style uppercut!

Sent from my LG-US670 using CurlyNikki App
        lol I came in prepared to talk about tipping, saw that post and said, "welp! party ova!"
        Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/brwnbarbie24
        Blogger: http://hotchocolate-stefanie.blogspot.com/
        Twitter: brwnbarbie24

Comment

@ <3mycurls, I agree. Customer service should be exactly that! You do it as that's your job & customer policy. I do believe in tipping, varies depends on what. We do tell our pizza delivery ppl to keep the change. Recently did that on an order approx $17 ($16 somethin) & paid w/ a $20. That was whatever. No worries. Delivery charge does not equal driver tip. Most places have that disclaimer somewhere, probably on the receipt. I feel like this, just like I do when calling cs for cable or whatever as they "work" for incentives via ratings, do your job w/ quality regardless expected tip amount or survey rating because that way should someone choose to tip or rate you accordingly, that'll be more deserved & better earned. When I was a grocery cashier yrss ago myself, we couldnt accept tips. Many tried but I had to decline. Instead, they'd tell my mngr about my service. As a bank teller, we could accept gifts up to a certain amount. I have a wood carved statue a customer brought back from Ghana for me. Other times I received thank you cards w/ gift cards in it. Or some w/o. Either way, I myself was humbled & appreciative... Wasnt expecting anything but my pay checks!

Comment

Places like dominoes already include the delivery in their total. Do I still have to tip? If yes, I will take my butt to McDonalds! Lmao at the bus driver mortal combat reference!!

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using CurlyNikki App
            I am Cool

Comment

You know, I've actually not gone on 2nd dates with dudes who tip poorly lol. I think tipping is a big deal and should be done unless the service was absolutely deplorable. If the total was $16, then I would most definitely let the delivery person keep the change from a $20. Dining out or ordering in is a luxury. If one can't afford it, there are several quick cheap meal options. But I feel if you're going to order food, you should be prepared to tip. That's why some restaurants automatically include gratuity and pizza places have started adding fees to deliveries, because of folks not tipping.
              Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/brwnbarbie24
              Blogger: http://hotchocolate-stefanie.blogspot.com/
              Twitter: brwnbarbie24

Comment

Originally posted by brwnbarbie24 View Post
                Omg I SOOOOO <3 you!!!! Nobody ever understands when I say that. I'm literally crying laughing right now because that's EXACTLY what plays out in my head. Normally I even type *packs up piano* but most ppl don't catch that either. *screaming*
                BC: 5/23/12 (No transition, just shaved my head)
                Last relaxer 3/1/12
                Made 1 year natural on 5/23/13. Yay!!

**Still Loving the Journey**

Comment

Originally posted by brwnbarbie24 View Post
                  You know, I've actually not gone on 2nd dates with dudes who tip poorly lol. I think tipping is a big deal and should be done unless the service was absolutely deplorable.
                  +1 The fastest way for a man to NOT get a second date with me is to be a poor tipper, especially when the service was good.
                  BC: 5/23/12 (No transition, just shaved my head)
                  Last relaxer 3/1/12
                  Made 1 year natural on 5/23/13. Yay!!

**Still Loving the Journey**

Comment

Originally posted by CoilyCrimpyJen View Post
                    CTFU! You are freaking HILARIOUS! I'm dying over here. I'm not one to take things that seriously so no need to apologize.
                    Ok hun! I'm glad then I can joke w/ you! Lol. Sorry, I just had that image. Actually I 1st thought about you treating the money like crack rocks. Got them scratching & feening, walkinf by checkin to see if the money still there... Watchin you while they dressed in camaflouge, stalkin your table for that tip!! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by kinkyjen View Post
                      Wonder if God treated us the same way would the end results be different?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using CurlyNikki App
                      +1 said that wonderfully.
                      .words without action are better left unsaid.

Comment

I think you should tip whatever you can afford. If you want to tip a lot more then great. I remember being a sacker a few years ago and people would sack their own groceries because they didn't want to tip. I always said no thanks to tips anyway because it was my first job and I always said no thanks when people offered anything. I remember pushing this ladies cart in the hard rain while covering her up with an umbrella with the other . I didn't get a tip but I also didn't expect one.

Comment

I must tip pretty well because the pizza and Chinese food people smile and say thank you like they really mean it. I've gotten "extras" (breadsticks, soda-no charge)from my fav pizza place. I say be nice and tip the best you can.I'm always a decent tipper in the restaurant too. You have to treat people the way you want to be treated.As far as a server's bad attitude, I always ask them how they're doing and joke around. I smile and I'm pleasant because I know sometimes the public can be like buttholes to food service workers. Usually, this makes the server even nicer and I get EXCELLENT service.

OAN: My son said, "Mom somebody is always trying to give you something." My first time to this WONDERFUL pizza place the owner gave me a FREE pizza! I frequent that place now because they are generous and the food is good!!!!

Sent from my PG06100 using CurlyNikki App
                          Last edited by Ravenpriestess; 10-24-2012, 02:00 PM.
                          http://ravencurlyblogspot.com For curlies who LOVE to take care of their hair and have fun while doing it!

Comment

+10000 and if they do not tip! Or if they steal the tip. I have seen that before. The girl paid and he stole the tip when she went to bathroom. Smh.

+1 The fastest way for a man to NOT get a second date with me is to be a poor tipper, especially when the service was good.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using CurlyNikki App
                            I am Cool

Comment

Originally posted by kdelish View Post
                              Who made up this rule about tipping? You got hired to do a job, u was told wAt was expected, ur pay rate, hours etc. you accept the position then expect to get paid for the job u accepted because tips have became the norm in society does not mean u gonna receive them. Good service or bad service does not guarantee a tip your paycheck is wAt u agreed too not my tips. My opinio
                              Exactly!!! I totally agree!

Comment

Originally posted by CoilyCrimpyJen View Post
                                I've had a job as a waitress and tips are nothing like overtime lmao. At my previous place of work our base pay was $4.20/hr (under minimum wage). We literally LIVED off of tips. Now I'm not saying you have to tip for crappy service, by all means DON'T tip for crappy service, but those few extra bucks helps out A LOT!

Now when I go to restaurants I put the tip money on the table and explain to the server that this could potentially be your tip for the night, depending on service. It will go up or down if I feel the need for it. That's an incentive for them to work harder for it as opposed to just doing the bare minimum.
                                I understand where you're coming from and I respect your opinion. I too have worked for minimum wage and that was without tips. I know how hard it is to survive on such a small amount. My point is that just because you work in a profession where tipping is encouraged doesn't mean that you are automatically entitled to receive tips of any kind. Now that doesn't make it right but unfortunately there's no law that mandates customers tip their servers.

Comment

Working...
                                X