Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're weird....

Hey Ladies!

Has someone ever told you that you have a weird habit,hobby,mannerism or tendency? Well this is the place to share it! I wanna see if we can bridge some gaps here!

I'll go first:

I LOVE watching certain movies over and over again. I'm a big movie watcher and sometimes I run across one that just tickles my fancy in such a way...I can't really explain it. I've watched movies like Forrest Gump, Shawshank Redempt. and American Beauty over 100 times. No joke. For weeks on end I'll come home from school/work and just put it on. Its like clock work. Once the movie is done playing, I'll just start it from the beginning again until I go to sleep.

Now I'm not just sitting there drooling at the tv, but I go about my day. I clean up, cook, talk on the phone, read and write, tend to my pets and even do my hair all while its playing in the background. I usually keep one movie in this rotation for about...2 months? Then I remember or run across a new one that just calls to me.

As long as I've been doing this I can't make a connection between what movie I obsessively watch and ones that are just one night stands. Its like finding love I guess...

Whats your "thing"?

- well ; my 'thing' isnt as interesting . but since i was little ive been told i walk "different". even my mom says so . i guess you could say i unconsciously walk like a model ?

i guess if i was a little prettier people would automatically think i was one .

Sent from my SPH-M580 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

When I read a boring book, I start from the middle, read to the end, then go back to the beginning and read until I reach the end again. For some reason, if I think a book is boring (or will be), I open to that random page and just read like that. I started the Hunger Games like that, because the first page was so...dry. And Hope Was Here. I don't know why I started doing that, or where/who I got it from.

Comment

Originally posted by confusedcurlsja_26 View Post
        - well ; my 'thing' isnt as interesting . but since i was little ive been told i walk "different". even my mom says so . i guess you could say i unconsciously walk like a model ?

i guess if i was a little prettier people would automatically think i was one .

That is pretty interesting, you must have a lot of confidence behind you. That's how models walk to me ^_^ I'm sure you have a face and body to match Have you ever tried to change your walk?

Comment

Originally posted by CurlyChemist94 View Post
          When I read a boring book, I start from the middle, read to the end, then go back to the beginning and read until I reach the end again. For some reason, if I think a book is boring (or will be), I open to that random page and just read like that. I started the Hunger Games like that, because the first page was so...dry. And Hope Was Here. I don't know why I started doing that, or where/who I got it from.
          That is pretty weird lol. I've never heard of such a creative way to read a boring book. Do you like the book better after you read it that way? Does reading it that way get you more interested in the story?

Comment

aha thats the funny part, id say im quite thick . not round, but thick . and my face, eh . its a contradiction with the walk, because im quite self-conscious .

Comment

Originally posted by confusedcurlsja_26 View Post
              aha thats the funny part, id say im quite thick . not round, but thick . and my face, eh . its a contradiction with the walk, because im quite self-conscious .

Hmm, I guess your body knew before you did that you were destine for great things.

Comment

Originally posted by CurlyBuu View Post
                That is pretty weird lol. I've never heard of such a creative way to read a boring book. Do you like the book better after you read it that way? Does reading it that way get you more interested in the story?
                It is strange - most people give me the side eye when I say that. Or they'll exclaim, "I do the same thing!"

Yeah, it does increase the interest level for me. The beginning of the book is just when everything is starting out, and sometimes an author takes a while to get events moving. Starting in the middle puts you more directly into the action, you don't know who everybody is, so you're trying to figure things out. It can really get you more into the book mentally, since you have to be involved in what you're reading to get everything.

Comment

Omg!! I do the same thing!! At this moment I have Transformers on. I been on this movie for more than 6 months!!!
                  Originally posted by CurlyBuu View Post
                  Hey Ladies!

Has someone ever told you that you have a weird habit,hobby,mannerism or tendency? Well this is the place to share it! I wanna see if we can bridge some gaps here!

I'll go first:

I LOVE watching certain movies over and over again. I'm a big movie watcher and sometimes I run across one that just tickles my fancy in such a way...I can't really explain it. I've watched movies like Forrest Gump, Shawshank Redempt. and American Beauty over 100 times. No joke. For weeks on end I'll come home from school/work and just put it on. Its like clock work. Once the movie is done playing, I'll just start it from the beginning again until I go to sleep.

Now I'm not just sitting there drooling at the tv, but I go about my day. I clean up, cook, talk on the phone, read and write, tend to my pets and even do my hair all while its playing in the background. I usually keep one movie in this rotation for about...2 months? Then I remember or run across a new one that just calls to me.

As long as I've been doing this I can't make a connection between what movie I obsessively watch and ones that are just one night stands. Its like finding love I guess...

Whats your "thing"?

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using CurlyNikki App

Comment

1) I have a habit of taking my fone to the bathroom w me lol 2) I get discomforted easy for instance once there was a stool in our campus library in one of the aisle I completely.freaked out about it ! Telling my bf to move it to the other side of the library becuz its presence made me feel strange 3) I like watching tv upside-down on my.bed 4) I don't.drink anything.that ends in -aid/ade {kool aid , minute maid, power aid , lemonade } 5 ) I live on the 2nd floor n my building and.wen I have a visitor and they leave I literally sit and watch them from my window until they get to their car or out of site ...idk y tho but if I don't I feel weird

Sent from my ADR6300 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

I have that #2. That is kind freaky.
                      Originally posted by LolaPuff View Post
                      1) I have a habit of taking my fone to the bathroom w me lol 2) I get discomforted easy for instance once there was a stool in our campus library in one of the aisle I completely.freaked out about it ! Telling my bf to move it to the other side of the library becuz its presence made me feel strange 3) I like watching tv upside-down on my.bed 4) I don't.drink anything.that ends in -aid/ade {kool aid , minute maid, power aid , lemonade } 5 ) I live on the 2nd floor n my building and.wen I have a visitor and they leave I literally sit and watch them from my window until they get to their car or out of site ...idk y tho but if I don't I feel weird

Comment

Haha you ladies seem normal to me.

Hmm 1) I peal ALL my fruits before eating them, grapes included. 2) I HAVE to go to bed with my socks on even though I take them off half way through the night and put them back on as soon as I wake up. 3) I drink juice with everything I eat. Cereal, cake, certain ice cream flavors. If it has to be chewed, I need a drink to go with it. 4) I laugh when I'm scared.

Lol I can go on and on. I've always been told I'm weird. I just take it was a compliment and it movin'

Sent from my LG-MS690 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Originally posted by NappyPhoenix88 View Post
                          Omg!! I do the same thing!! At this moment I have Transformers on. I been on this movie for more than 6 months!!!

Yay I'm not the only one! Mona Lisa's Smile is the lucky pick today!

Comment

Originally posted by Cee[Monster) View Post
                            Haha you ladies seem normal to me.

Hmm 1) I peal ALL my fruits before eating them, grapes included. 2) I HAVE to go to bed with my socks on even though I take them off half way through the night and put them back on as soon as I wake up. 3) I drink juice with everything I eat. Cereal, cake, certain ice cream flavors. If it has to be chewed, I need a drink to go with it. 4) I laugh when I'm scared.

Lol I can go on and on. I've always been told I'm weird. I just take it was a compliment and it movin'

Sent from my LG-MS690 using CurlyNikki App
                            How long does it take you to peel grapes? o_O. All of yours are strange but very amusing! I think we might be sisters on the sock thing. I walk around, sleep and laze out with only one sock on. I'm a pretty clumsy person and I use to have stairs with carpet. So when I was walking/running up and down them I would always fall! Always! So having one sock on just gave me better traction. Now that I don't have stairs I can't seem to shake the one sock thing. I sleep better with it on, two socks on in bed makes me to hot lol.

Comment

Originally posted by LolaPuff View Post

I'm not trying to be mean but I spit out my juice at #1. That's just too funny to me, you're awesome lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X