X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Madeaj View Post
    Why is it that some people treat everything including hair as a kind of contest? Natural hair? How natural are you really? How much are you paying for products? Relaxed hair? How healthy is your hair? How long is your hair? How shiny is your hair? Weaved up? Do you have the expensive Remy or are you using that cheap dollar stuff? Custom made wig or off the shelf? What is it? A contest or something? ehh Looks like no matter what you do, someone has to try and out do it or at least try to make you feel like you need to do better or have better. smh
    Very true! I'm competitive with MYSELF. I'm not interested in competing with anyone else. I'm my own worse critic. Any other competitor is well, pointless to me.
    http://ravencurlyblogspot.com For curlies who LOVE to take care of their hair and have fun while doing it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rimi View Post
      Apple is a trip. I feel like they're screwing with me too. My phone is lagging and messes up from time to time...-.-
      Yes they are!!! Never again..

Comment

• So, apparently, because I wasn't in the state in which I live and applied for a job (because I was on vacation) you (unemployment) consider me NOT available for work even though I'm actively seeking and have applied for full time work.

Stating that if I applied for a job today and was offered a job tomorrow I wouldn't be able to accept. So, therefore, I'm not eligible for benefits for that week. Which means that I don't get my benefits this week.

Obviously unemployment had no understanding of how the real world of job searching goes. No way in hell does one apply for a job today and get hired tomorrow with no 1st or 2nd (where applicable) interview.

Sent from my DROID4 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

• Why get mad and call me names just because I don't speak to u. My nasty roommate and her stupid friends smh. I had to refrain from walking back out the door and saying something.
          I don't understand what the point is for housing staff who are supposed to be there to assist and aid in problems but don't. Things just get worse and worse. That's ur job then u go back and tell everything smh. Don't say hi and be sneaky smh.

Ms! Not everybody has 80 or $100 for a graphing calculator. I couldn't even buy all of my books for the semester. Don't say the test was made to catch those who forget to bring their calculator and those who never bought one.
          It's not my fault but u clearly don't see that.
          Last edited by Thebeautiful_t; 04-17-2013, 03:54 PM.

Comment

• I'm slightly depressed. The only thing keeping me in somewhat good spirits is this music. I'm not ready for all this stress yet.
            Type 4, Coarse, Low Porosity.
            75% shrinkage. APL stretched.
            Natural since 3.7.11.

Comment

• Oh, really? You're gonna treat me shady because you see me with a guy you assume is my bf or w/e? Ok, be that way.

Sent from my LGL45C using CurlyNikki App

Comment

• I'm tired of feeling like I have to apologise for my texture. I.do.not.control.how.my.hair.grows.from.my.scalp.

I had a girl ask me what I use in my hair, & when I mentioned flax gel, she said, "So that's how you get it to look like that!" And then she gave me the side eye when we talked about twists & I mentioned twisting my ends around my finger (to keep them together) & said flatly, "Oh, because your hair is just SO soft, huh?" Excuse me for breathing! Sheesh. Family telling me that my hair is "nappy," & then others getting mad at me for having a "loose" texture. I don't have time for people's foolishness. I love my hair & I refuse to feel sorry for the way it looks!

Sent from my SCH-I200 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarang94 View Post
                  I'm tired of feeling like I have to apologise for my texture. I.do.not.control.how.my.hair.grows.from.my.scalp.

I had a girl ask me what I use in my hair, & when I mentioned flax gel, she said, "So that's how you get it to look like that!" And then she gave me the side eye when we talked about twists & I mentioned twisting my ends around my finger (to keep them together) & said flatly, "Oh, because your hair is just SO soft, huh?" Excuse me for breathing! Sheesh. Family telling me that my hair is "nappy," & then others getting mad at me for having a "loose" texture. I don't have time for people's foolishness. I love my hair & I refuse to feel sorry for the way it looks!

Don't EVER feel apologetic for what God gave to you! It's women that wish they had hair PERIOD. Embrace your hair because haters gone hate!

Comment

I'm tired of feeling like I have to apologise for my texture. I.do.not.control.how.my.hair.grows.from.my.scalp.

Wow.. She was rude. She also sounds jealous.
                    http://ravencurlyblogspot.com For curlies who LOVE to take care of their hair and have fun while doing it!

Comment

• Originally posted by GoldenBlaze View Post
                      Don't EVER feel apologetic for what God gave to you! It's women that wish they had hair PERIOD. Embrace your hair because haters gone hate!
                      The sad thing is that it was another natural with a head full of hair And that's been one of my struggles on my hair journey, methinks. Thanks for the encouragement, Golden

Comment

The sad thing is that it was another natural with a head full of hair And that's been one of my struggles on my hair journey, methinks. Thanks for the encouragement, Golden

Girl be happy with YOU! Damn these other folks. Naturals roll their eyes at me all the time and I laugh...lol

Comment

• Some of these POSTS...why not accept your hair the way it is? It is soooo annoying when people try to send out multiple SOSes about their hair when they are trying to make their hair do something it WON'T.

Why can't people just learn to love their hair and texture for what it is?
                          B/C: April 2, 2011 Last relaxer: October 2010 "Be yourself. Because the people that mind don't matter, and the people that matter don't mind."~Dr. Seuss Blog: http://www.curlynikkiforums.com/curl...part-deux.html

Comment

• What's up with the site freezing while trying to post and duplicating posts, then logging you off but the light is staying on?

Comment

• Originally posted by Braelynn Blue View Post
                              Some of these POSTS...why not accept your hair the way it is? It is soooo annoying when people try to send out multiple SOSes about their hair when they are trying to make their hair do something it WON'T.

THIS! It is sad.

The Hairball's Annonymous Prayer....

GOD help me to accept my hairball, what it is able to do, what it can't do, and the wisdom to know the difference. AMEN.

Comment

• Originally posted by Braelynn Blue View Post
                                Some of these POSTS...why not accept your hair the way it is? It is soooo annoying when people try to send out multiple SOSes about their hair when they are trying to make their hair do something it WON'T.

I completely agree.

When I first started my natural hair journey I had this expectation that my hair would look like it did when I was little (single digits little). I would get upset that my hair hair wouldn't do what I wanted it too. In hindsight I have no clue why that bothered so much being natural. My hair rarely did what I wanted it to while it was relaxed, lol.

But I've since learned to love my curls as they are and understand now (with some help from you awesome ladies of course) that I'm a different person now. My hair isn't going to do, be or react completely the way it was/did when I was little. My curl pattern (which is a mixed bag) and thickness are roughly the same but everything else is different.

I'm completely and utterly in love with my hair.

Comment

Working...
                                X