X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gadimples View Post
    So now I'm the "Grinch/Mrs. Scrooge" because I said, "Christmas is just another day to me, I don't care about holiday shopping and its overrated."

Sent from my MB300 using CurlyNikki App
    bah humbug! That's me.
    -Bri Etsy.com/shop/geekycurly www.GeekyCurly.com

Comment

Join the club I almost got cussed out by a sub-ordinate at work cuz i said I ddnt like his christmas decorations. Im sorry I dont get into all that, sheesh...i was bitter & all types of names smh
      So now I'm the "Grinch/Mrs. Scrooge" because I said, "Christmas is just another day to me, I don't care about holiday shopping and its overrated."

Sent from my SCH-I500 using CurlyNikki App
      Transition-About 3 Months
      BC-March 2010
      Blog Title: Know Thyself

"Emacipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
      BOB MARLEY

Being "Natural" Isn't Just About Hair; Its A Life Style- Me
      "I rEaLLy LoVE My HaIr!" Seasme Street

Comment

I'm single, pretty & nice.. But I really don't want every guy at work coming to talk to me! Hello! I'm trying to WORK. Men are so silly. My mom did tell me: don't show your teeth to every man u meet... Such good advice cause these men be trippin! Omg , I think she likes me. She smiled! Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by mokacoffey View Post
          I'm single, pretty & nice.. But I really don't want every guy at work coming to talk to me! Hello! I'm trying to WORK. Men are so silly. My mom did tell me: don't show your teeth to every man u meet... Such good advice cause these men be trippin! Omg , I think she likes me. She smiled! Lol.
          That's some wise advice your mother gave to you.

Some men need to realize there's a proper time and place to talk to
          a woman and it's not while she's busy trying to work.

Comment

Your mom was right, these immature girs are jealous and envious of you. When people pick on you fir no reason they really tell a lit about themselves, they don't like themselves and are insecure with themselves. People who aren't afraid to do there own thing alone are stronger people and proce that you are trully likeable because you enjoy your company. Keep your head up it get's better.

Originally posted by SanaxRadiance View Post
            I had a horrible experience in driving class today... (this is gonna be long..)
            okay. so here's what happened-
            we're halfway through class and we're taking a ten minute break. the teacher leaves the classroom, and several girls go sit at the table next to mine to talk to the two girls there. They start talking about how they can be friends with anyone and it's nice to have a lot of friends, then one girl loudly says "Yeah, I'd hate to be the loner that is all quiet and doesn't ever say anything" and then she pointed at me, as If I can't effing see her. then they all started laughing.
            they continued to say other things, all directed at me, until class started again. by that point I was just kind of upset.
            The guy that sits next to me had talked to one of the girls during the break, and she told him to sit by her instead of the "weird girl" so during class he tried to sneak to her table, but the teacher yelled at them.
            Thennnn the three girls behind me kept saying my name but mispronouncing it on purpose, to agitate me.
            I just got really upset because it's been a long time since I've been picked on in real life, and I wasn't expecting it to happen. Plus, what the hell did I ever do to them to deserve that?

When I got home I started crying the second I walked through the door, because I just needed to let it all out.
            But now I feel better. My mom came upstairs and she was super pissed. She'd just gotten off of the phone with my sis, and my sis wanted to go to the class to tell the girls off. gosh, I love her.
            My mom was like "you do know why they did that, right?"
            I said "because I'm pakistani....?"
            She's like "no, it's because you're pretty and they are jealous. They're jealous of how put together you look every day, your hair, and your looks." and she kept talking about how pissed off she was about how I had to go through that

I feel lots better now though. It's just that the last time I got picked on was two years ago, and that was with ex-bestfriends. They really hurt me, and since then I haven't bothered making new friends (because I don't trust people now.)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

So The Fresh Market goverment money is not real money??! Why can't I use EBT to buy my avocado oil,grapeseed oil, and flaxseed oil? I was sooo excited to find them!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using CurlyNikki App
              *Fortune Favors the BOLD*

Comment

Originally posted by BMath001 View Post
                So The Fresh Market goverment money is not real money??! Why can't I use EBT to buy my avocado oil,grapeseed oil, and flaxseed oil? I was sooo excited to find them!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using CurlyNikki App
                I've used EBT in the past to purchase those...when did that start?
                Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/cubaminicancurl
                YoutTube: http://youtube.com/curlycubaminican
                Blog:www.curlycubaminican.blogspot.com
                Facebook: Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Curly-...47594538629000
                Instagram: CurlyCubaminican

Comment

So a friend of mine posts a picture of her daughter on FB at the salon getting a blow out and her caption was: What am I supposed to do with this ish? She got upset when people started responding telling her needed ought to be happy her daughter has thick hair and just because it wasn't like her's (she got that soft mixed texture hair...I'm not big on hair typing so I couldn't tell you what it is) that she should be thankful at the end of the day. Personally I never bother to comment because she feels like I'm on this "natural hair revolution." But today she called me out and said this after everyone else's comments: I know Ashley has gotta have something to say with her natural hair revolution self. So was nice-nasty as my Mom would put it and told her that it's not a revolution it's just in the spot light at the moment...it's just like anything else...people make a bigger deal out of it than necessary. Mind you I saw the post but I never said anything. Then she sends an inbox message apologizing....some people I tell ya.
                  Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/cubaminicancurl
                  YoutTube: http://youtube.com/curlycubaminican
                  Blog:www.curlycubaminican.blogspot.com
                  Facebook: Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Curly-...47594538629000
                  Instagram: CurlyCubaminican

Comment

I agree with you. This time of year brings out the worst in people, when it should bring out the best!! I'm not buying any presents this year (except for my SS Curlie). I think people have lost the whole point. It's not about gifts.... Oh well.

Sent from my Vortex using CurlyNikki App
                    Handmade jewelry and accessories
                    www.stringsofbeads1.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by mzgray View Post
                      I'm so sorry this happened to you >:/
                      I could mail them an anonymous letter with baby powder in it if you like

Sent from my VM670 using CurlyNikki App

Buahahaha!! DYING laughing! Hilarious!!

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Sooo, this guy I met back in 08 had SO much to say & tons of negative comments about my locs when I first started them back in Feb. He flat out said he'd never date me bc of my hair & that no guy will want me (he's not my type anyway). Honestly, it sorta hurt my feelings... I was already not feeling my prettiest bc I had spent most of my life perming & weaving my hair, so I was already having doubts.

10 months later... I'm SO glad I followed my heart & did what makes ME happy! What a smack in his face it is seeing people comment on my pics on Facebook about how pretty my hair is... INCLUDING MEN!!! POW! Right in the smacker! I had the last laugh lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lyric352 View Post
                          Sooo, this guy I met back in 08 had SO much to say & tons of negative comments about my locs when I first started them back in Feb. He flat out said he'd never date me bc of my hair & that no guy will want me (he's not my type anyway). Honestly, it sorta hurt my feelings... I was already not feeling my prettiest bc I had spent most of my life perming & weaving my hair, so I was already having doubts.

10 months later... I'm SO glad I followed my heart & did what makes ME happy! What a smack in his face it is seeing people comment on my pics on Facebook about how pretty my hair is... INCLUDING MEN!!! POW! Right in the smacker! I had the last laugh lol

Lmao @ "POW! Right in the smacker!"
                          People are a real trip. Your locs do look really nice.

Nothing much for me to vent about besides stuff I already said. Can't wait til I get my own spot. People re too doggone dirty and it's beginning to drive me insane.
                          sigpic

Comment

Lol thanks Lady Judah!

Comment

Soooo...I gotta say, I'm loving ths thread! I DNT NEED 2 "vent" anymr after reading all of the oth posts! U ladies gave me a goooood giggle! Not at u personally...jst ur "blurbs", ;-)

Sent from my Desire HD using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Hope someday I cn do the same 4 some of u! Lol

Sent from my Desire HD using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Working...
                                X