X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SanaxRadiance View Post
    Ah, yeah. If I don't get into either of the ones I applied to in Louisiana, then I still want to live on campus at one in Texas (although that might be a problem too- they WANT me to live at home, which I absolutely refuse to do)

I need to get a therapist as soon as possible though. My thoughts are kinda spiraling out of control now.

Sent from my iPhone using CurlyNikki App
    First, please don't do anything rash. Second, please keep things in perspective. This is just a bump In the road. You are about to embark on some really good times--college!

So, I looked up those schools you mentioned you were applying to since you sounded so distraught and I want to help, especially since I am familiar with the area.

Why are your parents so intent on you living at home? If you don't go to UTA, they want you commute to school (if you life in the burbs?) Is it to save money and/ or to keep and eye on you?

May I ask what happened to your sister?

There are several variables (including the aforementioned questions) that need to be considered before formulating a good argument to present to your parents, including where you're accepted and how much it will cost.

Don't despair! Give your parents time to come to terms with you becoming a young adult. They will come around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pumpkin3.14 View Post
      First, please don't do anything rash. Second, please keep things in perspective. This is just a bump In the road. You are about to embark on some really good times--college!

So, I looked up those schools you mentioned you were applying to since you sounded so distraught and I want to help, especially since I am familiar with the area.

Why are your parents so intent on you living at home? If you don't go to UTA, they want you commute to school (if you life in the burbs?) Is it to save money and/ or to keep and eye on you?

May I ask what happened to your sister?

There are several variables (including the aforementioned questions) that need to be considered before formulating a good argument to present to your parents, including where you're accepted and how much it will cost.

Don't despair! Give your parents time to come to terms with you becoming a young adult. They will come around.
      It's not just that. Everything is just kind of getting to me now, and it's making the situation seem worse than it actually is.

I'm in sugar land, but no it isn't to save money.
      With my dad- he likes being in control, and in his culture girls don't leave home until they're getting married- in an arranged marriage. Which I already said I'm not going to do.
      He likes having people depend on him.
      He constantly tells me I would be nothing without an education, but then he turns around and says I'm too stupid to get into any college.

With my mom- its because I do everything for her. I cook every day for everyone, I clean the house, I take care of the kids.

And i'm not just being an angry teenager bashing my parents. Those are literally the reasons why.

My mom also thinks I won't do good on my own because I don't have social skills, and I have mini panic attacks when bad things happen.
      I don't have social skills because she never lets me make friends, and I'm rarely out of the house.
      I rarely interact with people like I SHOULD, because I'm home schooled. SHE should be teaching me, but for the past 6 years I've taught myself whatever I could.

As for my sister- nothing bad really happened to her. When she was 16 or 17 she ran away to live with her real dad, because she couldn't take what our mom made her do (same stuff I do now).
      He just means that she isn't "privileged". Like I, apparently am.
      She can't go and blow money on stuff she doesn't need, but she HAS a job and makes a decent amount of money. She has what she wants and needs, she has a life, and she is somewhat happy. He just always brings her into the conversation because she isn't his daughter, and he wants to make her life seem miserable.

That's exactly why I want to leave. I'm tired of doing everything for everyone, and not having a life of my own. I'm 17 and I can count on one hand the good memories I've had.

-Sorry, I know that's really long >_> I just wanted to cover everything.

(YouTube.com/user/CuriousCannibal)
      Sent from my iPod touch using CurlyNikki App 

Comment

• Why are you acting a fool in the museum!?!?. Not every white is racist. Seriously, don't make people feel guilty because of what happened 100 years ago. Yes ,some people have that same mind set, openly or hidden. I am not angry with anyone, it was an awful thing that happened to our people and that something to be upset about. But seriously don't say certain stuff to purposely hurt someones feelings. I have never personally experienced racist behavior from anyone, so why should I have to be hostile with white people. It's like we can say anything we want to other races but when someone says the N word you want to fight. We are all different backgrounds,races,cultures,nationalites etc. why can't we all embrace each other and accept that we are all different. Maybe that's just me because this hate for one another has to stop, I know it's not going to happen but that would be nice.

Done with vent, note to self don't go to the history museum with these ratchet people anymore.

Sent from my Comet using CurlyNikki App

Comment

• So this little girl asked me why I don't talk in class and I replied because I don't feel like it. Ever since then everytime she sees me she has something rude to holler out. Like a minute ago she was standing on the grass NOT EVEN ON THE SIDE WALK and I passed by ON THE SIDEWALK. She hollered out "OOHH YOU IS EXCUSED!!" I feel like its childish and unnecessary. What is wrong with people?

Sent from my SPH-M920 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

• Originally posted by SanaxRadiance View Post
            It's not just that. Everything is just kind of getting to me now, and it's making the situation seem worse than it actually is.

I'm in sugar land, but no it isn't to save money.
            With my dad- he likes being in control, and in his culture girls don't leave home until they're getting married- in an arranged marriage. Which I already said I'm not going to do.
            He likes having people depend on him.
            He constantly tells me I would be nothing without an education, but then he turns around and says I'm too stupid to get into any college.

With my mom- its because I do everything for her. I cook every day for everyone, I clean the house, I take care of the kids.

And i'm not just being an angry teenager bashing my parents. Those are literally the reasons why.

My mom also thinks I won't do good on my own because I don't have social skills, and I have mini panic attacks when bad things happen.
            I don't have social skills because she never lets me make friends, and I'm rarely out of the house.
            I rarely interact with people like I SHOULD, because I'm home schooled. SHE should be teaching me, but for the past 6 years I've taught myself whatever I could.

As for my sister- nothing bad really happened to her. When she was 16 or 17 she ran away to live with her real dad, because she couldn't take what our mom made her do (same stuff I do now).
            He just means that she isn't "privileged". Like I, apparently am.
            She can't go and blow money on stuff she doesn't need, but she HAS a job and makes a decent amount of money. She has what she wants and needs, she has a life, and she is somewhat happy. He just always brings her into the conversation because she isn't his daughter, and he wants to make her life seem miserable.

That's exactly why I want to leave. I'm tired of doing everything for everyone, and not having a life of my own. I'm 17 and I can count on one hand the good memories I've had.

-Sorry, I know that's really long >_> I just wanted to cover everything.

(YouTube.com/user/CuriousCannibal)
            Sent from my iPod touch using CurlyNikki App 
            Hmm. I will have to give this one some thought.

By the way, I went to Austin HS--when it opened! Lol!

Sent from my iPhone 💜

Comment

• Nevermind...
              Last edited by mswinky; 06-14-2012, 06:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simplyjovan View Post
                Why are you acting a fool in the museum!?!?. Not every white is racist. Seriously, don't make people feel guilty because of what happened 100 years ago. Yes ,some people have that same mind set, openly or hidden. I am not angry with anyone, it was an awful thing that happened to our people and that something to be upset about. But seriously don't say certain stuff to purposely hurt someones feelings. I have never personally experienced racist behavior from anyone, so why should I have to be hostile with white people. It's like we can say anything we want to other races but when someone says the N word you want to fight. We are all different backgrounds,races,cultures,nationalites etc. why can't we all embrace each other and accept that we are all different. Maybe that's just me because this hate for one another has to stop, I know it's not going to happen but that would be nice.

Done with vent, note to self don't go to the history museum with these ratchet people anymore.

Some ppl just don't know how to act...I have been called the n word by a former co worker and I always imagine I would pop off and beat the crap out of the person but I was very surprised by how calm I was at the time and just told them how ignorant they are...I agree that ppl need to stop grouping any race of ppl in the category because we are all individuals and not everyone thinks alike

Sent from my iPhone using CurlyNikki
                Last relaxer november 2011
                Big chopped august 3,2012

Comment

• Okay so you know how parents are like no you can't do beach week unsupervised. No you can't spend the night @ the hotel after prom if theyre not in the building...when does that STOP? I'm 18 and college bound. When I return for break will I finally have freedom??Does it loosen up once you start college? In the Fall when I start school I can basically do absolutely anything I want anytime...like I know I can't do anything crazy at home but when will I get MORE freedom and liberties in general. Also, I don't have my license yet so I'm starting to feel like kids younger than me have way more freedom.

This post was sent via my iPhone.

Chemical-Free since Tuesday, March, 23, 2010

Comment

• Ha! Girl it didn't loosen up until I got married and moved away haha!
                    Originally posted by MokikaStyle View Post
                    Okay so you know how parents are like no you can't do beach week unsupervised. No you can't spend the night @ the hotel after prom if theyre not in the building...when does that STOP? I'm 18 and college bound. When I return for break will I finally have freedom??Does it loosen up once you start college? In the Fall when I start school I can basically do absolutely anything I want anytime...like I know I can't do anything crazy at home but when will I get MORE freedom and liberties in general. Also, I don't have my license yet so I'm starting to feel like kids younger than me have way more freedom.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

• I'm nauseous, in bed and alone. No one wants to answer my texts, boyfriend is at work and I have mandatory dance practice in an hour. I just feel really down and I don't know why I'm so sick

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using CurlyNikki App

Comment

• Originally posted by MokikaStyle View Post
                        Okay so you know how parents are like no you can't do beach week unsupervised. No you can't spend the night @ the hotel after prom if theyre not in the building...when does that STOP? I'm 18 and college bound. When I return for break will I finally have freedom??Does it loosen up once you start college? In the Fall when I start school I can basically do absolutely anything I want anytime...like I know I can't do anything crazy at home but when will I get MORE freedom and liberties in general. Also, I don't have my license yet so I'm starting to feel like kids younger than me have way more freedom.

Never actually stops. lol Parents will always be your parents. There will come a time when you live apart from them and you don't have to let them know what you are doing, but they will always worry and give you advice.
                        Texture: Coily, zigzags, kinky and one little bit wavy.
                        Store bought Staples: Honey, I'm strong, HE TotallyTwisted Gel, FX Silk Drops silicone serum.
                        Homemade Staples: Mixed butter, butter and oil pomades, handmade hair creams and lotions.
                        Style preference: Low manipulation, tuck and roll, loose buns and twists.
                        Ayurvedic: Henna, amla, zizzy, tulsi, brahmi, shikaikai, etc.

Comment

• Your not the only one I don't go there with a lot of my friends and family. Then they get loud like they proud to be ratchet.
                          Originally posted by Simplyjovan View Post
                          Why are you acting a fool in the museum!?!?. Not every white is racist. Seriously, don't make people feel guilty because of what happened 100 years ago. Yes ,some people have that same mind set, openly or hidden. I am not angry with anyone, it was an awful thing that happened to our people and that something to be upset about. But seriously don't say certain stuff to purposely hurt someones feelings. I have never personally experienced racist behavior from anyone, so why should I have to be hostile with white people. It's like we can say anything we want to other races but when someone says the N word you want to fight. We are all different backgrounds,races,cultures,nationalites etc. why can't we all embrace each other and accept that we are all different. Maybe that's just me because this hate for one another has to stop, I know it's not going to happen but that would be nice.

Sent from my LG-AS855 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

• Originally posted by freshstart View Post
                            Your not the only one I don't go there with a lot of my friends and family. Then they get loud like they proud to be ratchet.

Sent from my LG-AS855 using CurlyNikki App

It's just a shame smh

Comment

• Originally posted by Simplyjovan View Post
                              It's just a shame smh
                              My mom's side is the same way. It's so ridiculous. I don't even want to invite my cousins to my graduation ceremony because they'll be around too many white people for their tastes *rolls eyes* They get on my last nerves.

Comment

• You can do this, do that, try to stay positive but the end result is still the same. I'm just tired of the same old, same old...

Sent from my iPhone using CurlyNikki 💋

Comment

Working...
                                X