X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acne Acne Acne

Well I have been battling acne since I was about 13. Many people suggest proactive but shockingly, it DID NOT work for me.

I have also tried the ambi face wash, toner, and fading cream, that just made my face get extremely light and my dark spots from acne stayed as dark as they always been. So I stopped using that and went down to the beach for a week straight and got my complection back.

I have also tried other brands as well..... so I was wondering if you ladies found any healthier organic alternatives that actually works to clear acne. My face is also naturally oily o_0. So something that will help that out is also needed.

Help Please!!!!!

Simone, I've heard good reviews on Dudu Osun black soap:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000TA...sr=8-1&pi=SL75

Comment

Originally posted by kwnatural View Post
      Simone, I've heard good reviews on Dudu Osun black soap:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000TA...sr=8-1&pi=SL75

Thank You I will research this!!

Comment

I have acne as well. And proactive didn't work for me either. I see a dermatologist. She prescribed retinol micro a. This is like the 5th Med I've taken... best so far. At home I use clinique acne system. My face stays clear 98% of the time now.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Originally posted by Oneswtl8y View Post
          I have acne as well. And proactive didn't work for me either. I see a dermatologist. She prescribed retinol micro a. This is like the 5th Med I've taken... best so far. At home I use clinique acne system. My face stays clear 98% of the time now.

How long was it before you started seeing results?

Comment

Heyfranhey on YouTube has an oil cleansing method that has worked wonders for me so far. I thought it strange to clean your face with oil, especially since I have oily skin, but her method is the truth. Before I started that I cleansed with African black soap, used witch hazel as my toner and the Full of Grace moisturizing bar by LUSH as my moisturizer. That worked amazingly well too. I dont suffer with acne much, other than that time of month, but both of these methods keep my face clear, and well moisturized throughout the entire day. Its also important to wash both day and night consistently. Hope this helps.
            http://cnw2.blogspot.com/2013/02/back-at-one.html CNW

Comment

I've had acne since I was 11 and I'm 30 now...still battling it (but its currently under control)! I would suggest to go to a dermatologist and have them design a regimen specifically for you. Regular facials also help.
              Rocking this head of curls since June 3, 1982!

Yeah, I have GOOD HAIR, and SO DO YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Oneswtl8y View Post

I second the clinique acne system. I've been using it for about 3-4 weeks and it's working quite well.
                19 y/o lifelong natural {4a/O-shaped coils;spongy;porous;coarse;normal-dense;MBL!}

{products i love and use}
                Cleanse: Jason's Dandruff Shampoo
                Moisturize: LOCO with AVJ, oil mix and AOHSR; homemade cocoa butter cream
                Deep Condition: AOHSR + castor oil mix, Cassia/Amla/Aloe Vera Powder mix (happy scalp + strong/soft strands)
                Protein Treatment: Neutral Protein Filler
                Seal: Grapeseed oil, Jojoba oil, JBCO
                Scalp issues: Probiotics

read my blog!
                follow me on twittah!

Comment

Look into shea moisture's face soaps. I've been using them for a month now and my breakouts have disappeared. They are about five dollars a bar. Far less than proactive and Clinique which didn't work for my skin.

Comment

"Feed you face" book. I'm finally trying my diet. I'm almost 40 & I've tried everything else oral antibiotics, retin a, proactive, ambi etc.
                    regular facials work well but are costly

Comment

Thanks for all the wonderful feedback!!! I really need to get on the ball with asap...

Comment

It was about 3 weeks. Retinol increases cell turnover. My skin was brighter and smoother. It can purge ur skin of impurities so there might be a Breakout when u first start. Mine was mild and cleared up quickly. There are vids on yt of people showing results over time. You have to use an SPF while on this so I use Clinique City Block.

I've also been prescribed Differin, Velton and Epiduo. Sulfur washes and antibiotics.

Oh I use my Clarisonic 2-3 times a week and a clay mask once a week. And I get a facial every 3 months.

Black soap didn't work for me. I was very sad about that too cuz I loved the way it smelled and my skin felt nice after washing. Coastal Scents sells samples for less than a dollar each if u want to try it.

Originally posted by simonesJOURNEY View Post
                        How long was it before you started seeing results?

Comment

I was a dermatology nurse for 5 years this thread is so my comfort zone! I currently have some outbreaks with acne but once I found the culprit ( for me it was mineral oil) I now have overall minimal breakouts. I used Atralin at night, Glytone Mild Gel or Skin Ceuticals Simply Clean face washes & moisturize with CeraVe Lotion. Once you see a dermatologist & get a good regimen your face will be under control! Some derms even recommend organic or less chemical regimens so check into it!
                          Having a love affair with my 4b/4c kinky curly coils

Last Relaxer: On my wedding day! July 30, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by audrajt03 View Post
                            I was a dermatology nurse for 5 years this thread is so my comfort zone! I currently have some outbreaks with acne but once I found the culprit ( for me it was mineral oil) I now have overall minimal breakouts. I used Atralin at night, Glytone Mild Gel or Skin Ceuticals Simply Clean face washes & moisturize with CeraVe Lotion. Once you see a dermatologist & get a good regimen your face will be under control! Some derms even recommend organic or less chemical regimens so check into it!

This may be a silly question but do they except medicaid??

Comment

I have been battling acne since I was 11. I am now 49. I have been on almost every acne regimen known to mankind. I have seen countless dermatologists, used Retin A, differin gel, you name it. African black soap, glycolic washes, Salyclic washes, etc. So I decided to try the Burt Bees acne line. The acne wash, moisturizer and acne cream, were a no go. But the scrub, seemed to reduce the oil production without drying out my skin. I look at the ingredients, it has willow bark, jojoba oil, coconut oil and salicylic acid among the first six ingredients. I have been using it for two weeks now along with jojoba oil as a moisturizer. My skin is brighter, my nose is no longer producing enough oil to rival the oil slick disaster in the Gulf of Mexico and my acne scars are fading.

I am cautiously optimistic that I have finally found the regimen that works best for me. I will keep you posted on my progress.

Comment

Working...
                              X