X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the heck

is wrong with my skin? I have the most annoying skin. The skin on my body is dry, dry, dry. The skin on my face oily and acne-prone except for after I wash it, the skin is dry as the Sahara. Right now, I'm breaking out A LOT and I have these heat rash type of bumps all over my face.

What can I do?

Sent from my SGH-T679 using CurlyNikki App

bump

Comment

What kind of soap are you using? That may be drying your skin out.
      sigpic

Comment

hello i don't have oily skin so i couldn't help you with the skin on your face i dont think but i do have EXTREMELY dry skin and so i have to use two lotions, one can be found at the drugstore it's for excema so its strong its called cerave. after i use that then i top it off with shea butter mix and that works miracles!
        "I will not be triumphed over."
        instagram: we_soldier_on

Comment

My face stays hella oily, I'm always using rubbing alcohol to clean it.
          But it's a blessing bcuz my dermatologist said this will preserve you from looking old too fast

Sent from my LG-US670 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Watch out for soup.and use natural cocosnuts.drink a lot of water.watch out what you eat especialy greacy and junk food.pork.beef and other. And advocado is good for your skinn when you eat it and you can also use it as a mask every week or som.

Comment

If have more effect if u make it your life style

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Judah View Post
                What kind of soap are you using? That may be drying your skin out.
                I use the white dove bar. I've been using it for about a year now and the bumps started to come about 2 months ago. I've almost always had dry skin though. Random patches of it going away then right back to Sahara skin. I also use Nivea Essentially Enriched lotion.

Comment

Originally posted by curly_whirly View Post
                  hello i don't have oily skin so i couldn't help you with the skin on your face i dont think but i do have EXTREMELY dry skin and so i have to use two lotions, one can be found at the drugstore it's for excema so its strong its called cerave. after i use that then i top it off with shea butter mix and that works miracles!
                  I'll try the carave lotion, thanks .

Comment

u have to moisturize your body every single day. I used lotion then i opted to body butter becuz i didnt want a watery application. Ive been using body butter for a few months and i love it wayyyy better! lotion is still good to use, just applying lotion helped overcome my dry skin for the past few yrs, but i find body butter much better. difference from the body butter and lotion is that the body butter kept it smooth and shiny looking all day long and when i scratch no white marks appear! Try body butter and keep moisturizing your skin every single day to get rid of dry skin. i dont kno much about acne since i dont have any sooo no advice on that :\
                    1 yr post relaxer ^-^
                    1 yr post bc ^-^
                    Last Relaxer: March 2nd, 2012!!
                    BC: 10/12/12

Hair Goal:
                    - SL: June of 2014
                    - APL: Dec of 2014
                    - BSL: December of 2015

http://tempobronze124.tumblr.com/

Motto: Leave the past where it is and move on to the future

Comment

Body butters are the best when it comes to moisturizing. I use one I made (by accident). It's Shea butter mixed with jojoba oil, coconut oil, tea tree oil, avocado oil, aloe vera gel, Vitamin E and burdock root extract. It was supposed to be for my hair but I didn't get it to whip up right so I opted to use it as a body butter and OMG HELLA MOISTURE. My skin glows and stay lubricated and not greasy. Maybe u should try it. Hope this helps.
                      Last edited by GoldenBlaze; 11-19-2012, 04:41 AM.

Comment

Hey, I have both oil skin on my face and dry skin on my body. A month ago when I was in cvs and one of the workers recommend the neosporin line to me. I tried the trial product kit and loved it. It comes with body wash, a daily moisturizer, and hydrocortisone. I also used the body wash to clean my face. Then I put the daily moisturizer on it. The only con about using the products on your face is they don't clear up acne right away - after a couple days it cleared up. The product is marketed towards sensitive, dry, and skin with eczema.

Sent from my Desire HD using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Working...
                        X