X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Pulling

Couldn't find a thread on here so I was wondering if anyone else does it? I thought we could share tips+ experiences etc..

I'm actually pulling with some sunflower oil right now!

My sister purchased the sesame seed oil from an Indian market a couple weeks ago..she did it for 20 min straight day & night.. She must've gotten the wrong kind because the yellow oil started staining her teeth :/

Comment

I use sesame oil. I usually do it while in the shower because the time easily passes that way. I've definitely noticed an improvement in whiteness and I never really have bad breath unless I've eaten something that would cause it. Heyfranhey says she rinses with water+Epsom salt to get rid of the oily taste before brushing.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using CurlyNikki App
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cadence View Post
        My sister purchased the sesame seed oil from an Indian market a couple weeks ago..she did it for 20 min straight day & night.. She must've gotten the wrong kind because the yellow oil started staining her teeth :/
        Yeah I read online that some people experienced that but I think its because the oil absolutely has to be cold pressed and unrefined - when I first started I just used plain sunflower oil I had in the cupboard- big mistake! Now I use organic cold pressed sunflower oil!

Comment

What is oil pulling?

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Judah View Post
            I use sesame oil. I usually do it while in the shower because the time easily passes that way. I've definitely noticed an improvement in whiteness and I never really have bad breath unless I've eaten something that would cause it. Heyfranhey says she rinses with water+Epsom salt to get rid of the oily taste before brushing.

I've definitely noticed a difference too, a little bit of whitening so far + my teeth have never felt this good! Recently i switched to an all natural toothpaste but I was getting the feeling that my teeth weren't getting as clean as before, but the oil pulling+the natural tooth paste has left me with super clean & smooth teeth as well as NO morning breath.

I think I'm still going through a bit of a detox though- a lot of mucus coming up (sorry tmi) hopefully this will pass...didn't even realise I had so much in me as I haven't been ill!

Comment

Originally posted by ShannaJayy View Post
              What is oil pulling?
              It's also known as oil swishing- its the Ayurvedic practice of swishing an unrefined oil (sesame or sunflower traditionally used) for 20 minutes, the process is said to pull toxins, bacteria from the mouth and cleanse the body

Here's a link http://mamanatural.com/how-to-do-oil-pulling/

I'm probably going to do this for as long as I can!

Comment

Originally posted by Hairlikebutta View Post
                It's also known as oil swishing- its the Ayurvedic practice of swishing an unrefined oil (sesame or sunflower traditionally used) for 20 minutes, the process is said to pull toxins, bacteria from the mouth and cleanse the body

Here's a link http://mamanatural.com/how-to-do-oil-pulling/

I'm probably going to do this for as long as I can!
                20 minutes!?!?! Oh wow lol. Sounds very cleansing though! Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ShannaJayy View Post
                  20 minutes!?!?! Oh wow lol. Sounds very cleansing though! Thanks
                  Lol that's exactly why I opt to do it in the shower.

sigpic

Comment

Can I use organic coconut oil or pure cold pressed olive oil? I would like to try it with oils I already have at home

Sent from my SCH-R530U using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Originally posted by lrich View Post
                      Can I use organic coconut oil or pure cold pressed olive oil? I would like to try it with oils I already have at home

Sent from my SCH-R530U using CurlyNikki App
                      Yeah I've heard quite few people use coconut oil, and I'm sure olive oil will work just as well, but traditionally its sunflower or sesame

Comment

I use sesame oil but I have also used sunflower oil. Started last September. I usually swish while showering or getting dressed. I aim for at least 15 mins each time.
                        B/C: March 2011

Comment

I started a couple of months ago...still pulling up phlem but not as much as before...teeth and breath is awesome

Comment

I use Trader Joe's Organic Virgin Coconut Oil to do mines. I then rinse my mouth out and I brush my teeth with baking soda. I rarely use toothpaste anyway. I love the way my teeth feels afterwards plus my breath feels so much fresher. I read in a couple sites that you have to be careful spitting the coconut oil in the drain because it will solidify. You are supposed to do it first thing on the morning before you eat. So I do it while I take a shower or while I take my dog out.

Sent from my ADR6400L using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Originally posted by peamy View Post
                              I use Trader Joe's Organic Virgin Coconut Oil to do mines. I then rinse my mouth out and I brush my teeth with baking soda. I rarely use toothpaste anyway. I love the way my teeth feels afterwards plus my breath feels so much fresher. I read in a couple sites that you have to be careful spitting the coconut oil in the drain because it will solidify. You are supposed to do it first thing on the morning before you eat. So I do it while I take a shower or while I take my dog out.

Sent from my ADR6400L using CurlyNikki App
                              The breath thing has been the winner for me because I have 24 hour fresh breath!! its ridiculous I remember when I used to use stuff like listerine and my mouth would stay fresh for like 2 hours.

I also used to have kp on my face I used everything to get rid of it and nothing worked - within a week of oil pulling 80% of it was gone

Comment

Working...
                              X