Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Tired.. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tired..

    Of not being able to pay my phone bill on time... ever.
    Of not being able to determine where my next bit of cash will come from
    Of having to borrow money from my family
    Of applying and sending in my resume and getting the interview and reapplying and calling to get a second interview like it's life or death and not getting anything except for seasonal and temporary positions.
    Of having my parents telling me I need to get a job like I'm not working my ass off only to be constantly rejected.
    Of having to refuse a position because I refuse to leave school and they won't work around my school schedule.
    Of making myself feel guilty for choosing school over working, even though I need the money nearly as bad as I need water.
    Of feeling like I'm too young to have money issues :\ but I guess I'm really not that young anymore.
    Of asking myself "Is there somewhere that I went wrong?"

    I'm tired of feeling the struggle. So. Very. Tired.

  • #2
    Don't get tried. What you are going through is just life. Please finish school. Pray that God makes away! He will trust n believe.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using CurlyNikki App

    Comment


    • #3
      i feel the same way! BUT you must push on!! i'm 24 with a bachelors in chemistry and getting my masters. can't get a job. struggling. just called at&t and asked them to pleeeease give me until the first.
      but guess what?!
      IT GETS BETTER. i promise! you just gotta stick with me so we can BOTH get to where we wanna be!!
      Attachment
      Attached Files

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks for the support ladies. I really hate dwelling on the negative but today I woke up wondering how the hell I was about to get my next lump of cash. My birthday is on Monday and I won't even be able to celebrate because I'm trying to find odd jobs to pay my phone bill, but I also told my bestfriend I'd help her out with getting stuff for her baby shower so I'm dipping into phone bill money. I pray and talk to God and He's telling me stay in school, stay in school, and of course I'm gonna listen to him, but then I beat myself up about it because all the jobs I want won't work around my schedule and all the jobs I get I don't want and are temporary.

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm going through exactly what you're going through. I'm surprised my phone is even on because the bill didn't get paid at all. EVERYTHING on that list is exactly what I'm going through, only I'm not in school cus I can't afford to.
          I keep telling myself the only way to go from here is up.

          Sent from my SGH-T589 using CurlyNikki App
          Type 4, Coarse, Low Porosity.
          75% shrinkage. APL stretched.
          Natural since 3.7.11.

          Comment


          • #6
            I got an extension in mine till friday. I'm praying my dad comes through to let me borrow some dough.

            I hate borrowing money.

            Sent from my SGH-T679 using CurlyNikki App

            Comment


            • #7
              @Sam Happy Birthday my bday twin. Keep doing what you have to do. I've definitely been where you were and its not pretty but you CAN get through this! I say "were" because you are coming out of this. Sometimes we have to go through a season of lack to appreciate the blessings that God has waiting for you. Remember...weeping may endure for a night but joy coming in the morning! And the darkest part of night it just before the break of day!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by SamPhisticated View Post
                Thanks for the support ladies. I really hate dwelling on the negative but today I woke up wondering how the hell I was about to get my next lump of cash. My birthday is on Monday and I won't even be able to celebrate because I'm trying to find odd jobs to pay my phone bill, but I also told my bestfriend I'd help her out with getting stuff for her baby shower so I'm dipping into phone bill money. I pray and talk to God and He's telling me stay in school, stay in school, and of course I'm gonna listen to him, but then I beat myself up about it because all the jobs I want won't work around my schedule and all the jobs I get I don't want and are temporary.
                you shouldn't be helping your friend when you ain't got a pot to piss in yourself! (my mom always says thay hehe) i'm sure your friend will understand.. you gotta take care of you first! THEN one day when you've made it you can help others

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by wutie View Post
                  you shouldn't be helping your friend when you ain't got a pot to piss in yourself! (my mom always says thay hehe) i'm sure your friend will understand.. you gotta take care of you first! THEN one day when you've made it you can help others
                  +1. Money is tight over here too. Its nice that you want to help your friend but you come first. You can't be messing up your credit & paying late fees if you don't have to.


                  Sent from my iPhone using CurlyNikki

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Sam, what you are going through is trying and frustrating but you will make it through!

                    Regarding phone bills, I was in the same situation. I called Verizon to extend my due date and they told me that they automatically give a 10 day grace period. My December bill was beyond late. I ended up paying them almost a week after I said I would (letting them know, of course). They didn't cut my phone off, but they cut off my internet for a week.

                    Have you checked on campus for jobs? What about temp agencies? They often have weekend or evening assignments.

                    Wutie, I also have a degree in Chemistry. Congrats to you for getting your MS! Have you looked at OnAssignment? They are a temp agency for scientists. Aerotek is a temp agency for scientists and engineers.

                    Good luck, ladies! It may get worse before it gets better. Stay in school and keep your faith in God. Things will work out for you.
                    Wen...nothing else!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by bea2nappy View Post
                      @Sam Happy Birthday my bday twin. Keep doing what you have to do. I've definitely been where you were and its not pretty but you CAN get through this! I say "were" because you are coming out of this. Sometimes we have to go through a season of lack to appreciate the blessings that God has waiting for you. Remember...weeping may endure for a night but joy coming in the morning! And the darkest part of night it just before the break of day!
                      Yaaay, Birthday Twin ^_^ .

                      That's really inspirational.

                      I'm coming out of my dark place and appreciating what I DO have.

                      Sent from my SGH-T679 using CurlyNikki App

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by wutie View Post
                        you shouldn't be helping your friend when you ain't got a pot to piss in yourself! (my mom always says thay hehe) i'm sure your friend will understand.. you gotta take care of you first! THEN one day when you've made it you can help others
                        She won't especially a few days before her baby shower.

                        She's a little self absorbed,

                        Sent from my SGH-T679 using CurlyNikki App

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by CurlCrazed89 View Post
                          +1. Money is tight over here too. Its nice that you want to help your friend but you come first. You can't be messing up your credit & paying late fees if you don't have to.


                          Sent from my iPhone using CurlyNikki
                          Even if I don't help her, I'll still have to pay the late fees :/.

                          Sent from my SGH-T679 using CurlyNikki App

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by HonnyBrown View Post
                            Sam, what you are going through is trying and frustrating but you will make it through!

                            Regarding phone bills, I was in the same situation. I called Verizon to extend my due date and they told me that they automatically give a 10 day grace period. My December bill was beyond late. I ended up paying them almost a week after I said I would (letting them know, of course). They didn't cut my phone off, but they cut off my internet for a week.

                            Have you checked on campus for jobs? What about temp agencies? They often have weekend or evening assignments.

                            Wutie, I also have a degree in Chemistry. Congrats to you for getting your MS! Have you looked at OnAssignment? They are a temp agency for scientists. Aerotek is a temp agency for scientists and engineers.

                            Good luck, ladies! It may get worse before it gets better. Stay in school and keep your faith in God. Things will work out for you.
                            I have checked in campus, all the had was a note taker. $8/hourly 5 hours a week.

                            The temp agencies aren't that great but I have checked around.

                            Right now I do audience work ($8-$10/hour 2-8 hours a day) but it's not enough because I don't get booked everyday.

                            Sent from my SGH-T679 using CurlyNikki App

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by HonnyBrown View Post
                              Sam, what you are going through is trying and frustrating but you will make it through!

                              Regarding phone bills, I was in the same situation. I called Verizon to extend my due date and they told me that they automatically give a 10 day grace period. My December bill was beyond late. I ended up paying them almost a week after I said I would (letting them know, of course). They didn't cut my phone off, but they cut off my internet for a week.

                              Have you checked on campus for jobs? What about temp agencies? They often have weekend or evening assignments.

                              Wutie, I also have a degree in Chemistry. Congrats to you for getting your MS! Have you looked at OnAssignment? They are a temp agency for scientists. Aerotek is a temp agency for scientists and engineers.

                              Good luck, ladies! It may get worse before it gets better. Stay in school and keep your faith in God. Things will work out for you.
                              i've never heard of OnAssignment, but i'll check it out! i'm getting my masters in education, i want to be a teacher 😊

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X