X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Budgeting Crisis

My checks go as fast as they come!!!! I get paid on Fridays and my checks are gone by Sundays or Mondays -_-

Im in forever21 , getting gas, paying utilities, eating out, pet smart, lazer tag, and semester dues for activities at school.

I plan on moving on my own next year and out of my mothers house, as well as I really need a new vehicle soon!!!

I just need to learn how to budget my money -

Please Help!!!

Pay yourself first. Set up a bank/credit union savings account and have a specified amount direct deposited from each paycheck. Nix the debit card attached to the account. You'll be surprised by how much you save after a year.

Comment

I also would recommend Dave Ramsey (www.daveramsey.com) or Gail Vaz - Oxlade (www.gailvazoxlade.com). Both have great budgeting systems that you can follow. I personally use the zero-based budgeting system by Dave Ramsey where you give every dollar a name per pay period. I have been doing this system for the past 3 years or so and it has helped me to stay on track with my finances. If you have any questions just let me know.

Comment

Big priorites should always come first. I stopped eating out and started cooking and I actually have money left before the next checks. Also I look for cheap entertainment. And also inviting friends over to drink at home rather than clubs...mostly learning just moderation!!! You can do those things just limit them!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Ditto on above person's comment. You would have to spend some time preparing a BUDGET. Free sites like mint.com would allow you to track your expenses. It is organized in such a way that you would see how much you are spending on Restaurants, Clothing, Bills, Supermarket etc. Once you have established that part, then you have to be very realistic and ask yourself: Can I sustain this lifestyle? What can I do without? Needs vs. Wants.

I am not sure how much you spend at forever 21, however, if you find yourself buying some of the same items because they look good, and are not of superior quality, then perhaps you should just invest in a few great quality merchandise that would last? Don't discount thrift stores- you'd be amazed at the quality of the items there... Good luck. Get that Budget going so you can afford to branch out on your own.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
            Ditto on above person's comment. You would have to spend some time preparing a BUDGET. Free sites like mint.com would allow you to track your expenses. It is organized in such a way that you would see how much you are spending on Restaurants, Clothing, Bills, Supermarket etc. Once you have established that part, then you have to be very realistic and ask yourself: Can I sustain this lifestyle? What can I do without? Needs vs. Wants.

I am not sure how much you spend at forever 21, however, if you find yourself buying some of the same items because they look good, and are not of superior quality, then perhaps you should just invest in a few great quality merchandise that would last? Don't discount thrift stores- you'd be amazed at the quality of the items there... Good luck. Get that Budget going so you can afford to branch out on your own.

Ive never heard of mint.com but Ill give it a try. this was a big help. Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X