X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Django Unchained - Must See!

Hubby took me to see this movie first thing this morning. I am still talking about it!

The movie took place in the 1850s, during a horrific part of American history: slavery. The movie was historically accurate, hilarious, painful, cathartic and typical Tarantino.

Jaime Fox's character was steadfast throughout the movie.

Samuel L. Jackson played a very disturbing role extremely well...hats off to him.

Don Johnson (Miami Vice) was awesome.

Leonardo DiCaprio played the hek out of his role.

Kerry Washington made me cry.

Christoph Walz was a true mentor.

This movie, the soundtrack, the characters, the costumes....Oscar material all the way through.
    Wen...nothing else!

Typical Tarantino bothers me, but I love everyone in this film, so I may give it a shot.

Comment

Thank you for your review. Gonna wait on more reviews, I've been hesitant about seeing this movie. I couldn't tell how serious this movie was or wasn't suppose to be. I guess I will check it out tomorrow with a mummy & daughter date.

Sent from my HTC One X using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Originally posted by kwnatural View Post
        Typical Tarantino bothers me, but I love everyone in this film, so I may give it a shot.
        Typical Tarantino, meaning the way the violence is done. Think Kill Bill movies.

The characters played those roles...especially Samuel L. Jackson.
        Wen...nothing else!

Comment

Originally posted by Tonaturaltobetrue View Post
          Thank you for your review. Gonna wait on more reviews, I've been hesitant about seeing this movie. I couldn't tell how serious this movie was or wasn't suppose to be. I guess I will check it out tomorrow with a mummy & daughter date.

How old is your daughter?

The movie has a serious theme, but it wasn't serious like Roots was. It occurred a few years before the Civil War, in the height of slavery and everything that entailed. And they showed a lot. It pierced into my soul that my ancestors lived that.

On the other hand, it showed a lot of things that made you laugh. Only a movie that well done can make an entire audience laugh like that. I don't mean smiling or giggling through the movie, I mean laughing. out. loud. with tears in your eyes.
          Wen...nothing else!

Comment

Originally posted by HonnyBrown View Post
            Typical Tarantino, meaning the way the violence is done. Think Kill Bill movies.

The characters played those roles...especially Samuel L. Jackson.
            Oh yeah, I knew what you meant. I'm not a Tarantino fan.

Comment

I hope you do see it. Samuel L. Jackson alone makes it worth it.
              Wen...nothing else!

Comment

Oh no I'm not a parent...I was refering to me & my mom

How old is your daughter?

The movie has a serious theme, but it wasn't serious like Roots was. It occurred a few years before the Civil War, in the height of slavery and everything that entailed. And they showed a lot. It pierced into my soul that my ancestors lived that.

On the other hand, it showed a lot of things that made you laugh. Only a movie that well done can make an entire audience laugh like that. I don't mean smiling or giggling through the movie, I mean laughing. out. loud. with tears in your eyes.

Comment

I hope you do see it. Samuel L. Jackson alone makes it worth it.
                  With his hollerin' self! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Tonaturaltobetrue View Post
                    Oh no I'm not a parent...I was referring to me & my mom
                    Oh, yeah, this is a good Mom movie. You'll have a lot to talk about, so plan on taking her to a nice restaurant after!
                    Wen...nothing else!

Comment

Originally posted by kwnatural View Post
                      With his hollerin' self! LOL
                      He was doing more than hollering in this movie. Tarantino had to have a hand in choosing him. His character was disturbing all the way through!
                      Wen...nothing else!

Comment

Im watching it as we speak! It is GOOD.

Comment

Getting ready to head to the flicks! I will be checking this movie out!

Comment

Originally posted by ShannaJayy View Post
                            Im watching it as we speak! It is GOOD.
                            Let's discuss when you get home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Wen...nothing else!

Comment

Hubby and I were still talking about this movie this morning.

It was well balanced, and Jaime Foxx was a tragic hero to the fullest.

It was deep, but not heavy; the characters you were supposed to hate, you loved and respected; the ones you wanted to sympathize with, you detested; and the ones who should have been smart were slackjawed morons.

Folks, regardless of your preconceived notions of this movie (and they are wrong, trust me), you must see it.
                              Wen...nothing else!

Comment

Working...
                              X