Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Who is Black in America? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Who is Black in America?

    Anybody else watching the fifth installment in the series on CNN tonight at 8 pm EST? Here is a link about the show for more info. “Who is Black in America?” Soledad O’Brien Tackles Racial Identity on CNN | Clutch Magazine

  • #2
    i didnt even know it was coming on tonight. thanks for the heads up!

    Comment


    • #3
      I never heard of that. Are the past shows on Hulu or cnn.com?

      Sent from my MOTWX435KT using CurlyNikki App
      Tightly coiled 4a TWA
      CW: GTTTT
      S: EVOO&EVCO

      Comment


      • #4
        Just saw the commercial on HLN! Will be watching

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by NYhoneydip View Post
          I never heard of that. Are the past shows on Hulu or cnn.com?

          Sent from my MOTWX435KT using CurlyNikki App
          Hmmm, that is a good question. There are a lot of clips from past shows on You Tube, but I didn't really see any full episodes. I did find this one segment from Black in America Part 2 with Steve Perry. --> Black in America 2--Principal Steve Perry - YouTube

          Comment


          • #6
            Is this first chick serious ?! You obviously can see that she's BLACK.

            Comment


            • #7
              Wow, I'm impressed that they are teaching Concepts of Colorism to young kids in Richmond. I think it's an a touchy subject, but it needs to be discussed. I'm also glad they brought up the whole #teamlightskin and #teamdarkskin on Twitter.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Lady_M View Post
                Is this first chick serious ?! You obviously can see that she's BLACK.
                I missed the first few minutes. What did she say?

                Comment


                • #9
                  'Who is black is determined by white people.' The realest and most accurate statement made thus far.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by CeeCee757 View Post
                    I missed the first few minutes. What did she say?
                    It was the 17yr old girl with the short twa and she says when people see her they ask her what she is. You can CLEARLY see she's a young African American woman. It's coming back on at 10pm. They started with her.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      They're showing her now.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Lady_M View Post
                        They're showing her now.
                        She's going to learn really soon that America sees her as a Black woman.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Wow, im interested

                          Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlyNikki App

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by CeeCee757 View Post
                            She's going to learn really soon that America sees her as a Black woman.
                            This girl will learn soon. She sat up there & said she doesn't feel black while rocking a TWA. WITW! I take it her white father probably didn't expose her to her history and black roots.

                            Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using CurlyNikki App

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by l.dub711 View Post
                              This girl will learn soon. She sat up there & said she doesn't feel black while rocking a TWA. WITW! I take it her white father probably didn't expose her to her history and black roots.

                              Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using CurlyNikki App
                              My heart really goes out to her. It's amazing how something that started in slavery still affects so many of us today.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X