X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Reading Challenge Anyone?

I used to be such a bookworm but when I started college I stopped reading as much as I would like to. I still purchase books like crazy, but I never take the time out to read them. I find that reading really enhances my vocabulary and its very exciting to take a break from the real world and getting lost in a good book.

So I'm challenging myself to read at least 2 books a month this year. I feel like when I get started I won't be able to stop.

Anyone care to join me?
    God is like totally sovereign

I'll join I used to read at least 50 books a year, and now..zilch besides my textbooks.

What will the rules be?

Comment

YASSS
      On 12/31 I posted on my tumblr that I want to read 100 books in 2013. This is perfect. And, we can get suggestions from one another!

-goes to bed- lol

Comment

I'll join. I'd Luke to read at least one nonschool book a month. I read at least 4 between quarters.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using CurlyNikki App
        Twitter- @LoveZaporiah
        Tumblr- http://lovezaporiah.tumblr.com/

Comment

I'll join. I feel the same way.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Alright!!

The rules would be to choose a book to read every two weeks at least. Try to read as much as you can through out the day, so make sure to carry your book around wherever you go. At the end of this month or when you finish the book, come back to this thread and give us a quick synopsis and whether or not you would recommend it. Starting from today we have till February 1st to read two or more books. I think as soon as the ball starts rolling, we would end up reading more than two a month!

Any other rules that you guys would recommend?

Happy reading!!

Comment

Also, @omqitszniiik what's your Tumblr url? I have one as well

Comment

Nice challenge. I'm in. I just downloaded tons of ebooks because i don't read as often as i used to either.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm in. I need to read more as well, and not just when I'm in school lol.
                  B/C: April 2, 2011 Last relaxer: October 2010 "Be yourself. Because the people that mind don't matter, and the people that matter don't mind."~Dr. Seuss Blog: http://www.curlynikkiforums.com/curl...part-deux.html

Comment

I'm in! This will be fun
                    PJ and proud of it.
                    BC 7/17/11

Comment

I'll join, especially since I have nothing to do during the day 😊

Comment

I'll join this challenge. Thanks.

Comment

So I have started reading "It's Your Time", by Joel Olsteen. It's a great read so far. It's really geared more towards positive encouragement versus the religious sector that he is known for. My sister gave it to me to read.
                          B/C: April 2, 2011 Last relaxer: October 2010 "Be yourself. Because the people that mind don't matter, and the people that matter don't mind."~Dr. Seuss Blog: http://www.curlynikkiforums.com/curl...part-deux.html

Comment

I'm in too. I just got the kindle fire for Christmas. I need to put it to good use.

Comment

Im in too, maybe this will help extend my range of reading material. I'm either reading fitness/health books (tryin to lose a few pounds) or trashy romance novels (fifty shades of grey) id like to see what you ladies are reading

Sent from my SGH-T959V using CurlyNikki App

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

Working...
                              X