X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good reads

I just discovered this site and downloaded the app. Have any of you heard of it? Do you find it helpful in selecting new books to read?

Sent from my HTC HD2 using CurlyNikki App

I use goodreads, but I mostly just use it to keep track of what I have read. (I was inspired by art garfunkel's website which has a list of the books he has read)

Comment

Oh, also, I don't know if you've found the groups and the author pages. I used to follow Rebecca Wells (divine secrets of the ya-ya sisterhood), because she has a blog on there. A bunch of authors do.

For the groups, I really like Books on the Nightstand. It's the group that goes along with this podcast put out by two people who work in publishing. They talk about all different sorts of books.

There's also a swap section and giveaways. (I've never won any of the books I put in for, but my roommate did once. You get a copy of a book that hasn't been released yet or was just released and in exchange you agree to review it.)

I have to run to class, but I can add links to my favorite groups and stuff when I get back, if anyone is interested.

Comment

I use the website. First discovered it when looking for quotes. I'm not on it as much but I do like to keep track of what I have read, or look for reviews or synopises of books I want to read.
        www.lacquerglamour.wordpress.com

Comment

I use it and love it. I'm so glad they made an app for it too. I read a lot and had so many books in my imaginary "To Read" list. It's as if they made the site for me! =) I came across it years ago when I was looking for something like IMDB but for books. My friend told me I update my book lists as much as another friend of his who is a librarian! Nice compliment, I think =)

Sent from my Droid using CurlyNikki App

Comment

Just finished a great book called Perfect Peace, definitely a page turner.

Comment

Hello everyone! I am currently on Goodreads and looking for reading buddies.

Comment

Just started!

Comment

Originally posted by emh View Post
                  I use goodreads, but I mostly just use it to keep track of what I have read. (I was inspired by art garfunkel's website which has a list of the books he has read)
                  I mostly use it as a book tracker too, but I find new books too based off of what my friends on there are reading.

Comment

Never heard of it will download app now! Also looking for reading pals/bookclub in the Atlanta area
                    "she's the type that's compared to the rose that grew from the concrete"

Comment

I have that app on my nook color. I use it mainly as a book tracker as well, I also have shelfari.. Which has more of my books tracked because I just discovered goodreads a couple months ago.

Can you add people as friends on there? I know you can on shelfari

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlyNikki App
                      Like Tastefully Simple? Check out the new Spring-Summer Line - Contact me for parties, fund-raisers, becoming a consultant or just to place an order !

Tasha Collins #100087
                      www.tastefullysimple.com/web/tcollins4

Comment

I love the site and app. I use it to track what I read. Plus I love the book reviews on there and also on Amazon.

Sent from my Droid using CurlyNikki App

Comment

I'm on there also look me up email newyorkgoestotexas@yahoo.com
                          Love yourself

Comment

You guys can add me xtrastep@gmail.com. I would love to look at peoples list.

Sent from my ADR6400L using CurlyNikki App

Comment

I couldn't find you but ut promoted me to send an invite.. I never could find LovingNatural10 either :-/..

Originally posted by peamy View Post
                              You guys can add me xtrastep@gmail.com. I would love to look at peoples list.

Sent from my ADR6400L using CurlyNikki App

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlyNikki App
                              Like Tastefully Simple? Check out the new Spring-Summer Line - Contact me for parties, fund-raisers, becoming a consultant or just to place an order !

Tasha Collins #100087
                              www.tastefullysimple.com/web/tcollins4

Comment

Working...
                              X